Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a fuel smell on my bike so i lifted the tank and saw there were two tube holes that are a part of the tank on the left underside. One had a hose and the other didn't. Then today I was changing the spark plugs on my friends R6 and noticed his was the same but he had a hose on each.

Does anyone know the name of the left and right hose so I can replace them? I checked on bikebandit but couldn't pinpoint it.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Depending on the year of your bike I think there will be 2 or 3 hoses. Yes, each tap should have a hose, it's easy for the hoses to fall off when working with the tank, or after the hoses become hard and crack over time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depending on the year of your bike I think there will be 2 or 3 hoses. Yes, each tap should have a hose, it's easy for the hoses to fall off when working with the tank, or after the hoses become hard and crack over time.
Hmm mine has two that are separate from the fuel pump stuff. It's an 06 600rr

Any idea which the two are on this list? I see #34 is one but can't find the second hose.

·
Registered
389 Posts
On my 03 CA model I believe there are 3 outlets from the tank. One is the main fuel line, one is the fuel overflow hose (you see the hole in the fuel filler neck surrounding area... If fuel/water etc gets here it gets drained through this hose) and lastly, is the vapor recovery hose (CA doesn't like fuel vapors to be released str8 into the atmosphere, so they require it to be filtered first).

Tip tip, you only need the one main fuel hose to be connected

Reactions: benga

·
Registered
195 Posts
Did you overfill your tank? Or spill some on the lip? You are probably just smelling the extra fuel coming out the bottom. Those lines normally just route down to the bottom of the bike, one is for overflow and the other is a vent line to make sure you don't create a vacuum inside the tank.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On my 03 CA model I believe there are 3 outlets from the tank. One is the main fuel line, one is the fuel overflow hose (you see the hole in the fuel filler neck surrounding area... If fuel/water etc gets here it gets drained through this hose) and lastly, is the vapor recovery hose (CA doesn't like fuel vapors to be released str8 into the atmosphere, so they require it to be filtered first).

Tip tip, you only need the one main fuel hose to be connected
Does CA mean California or something else? I'm in California too but afaik there were only two tubes on the left side but ill have to double check this weekend. I'll probably go to lowes and find another tube i can use if it is missing. I'm sure both the tubes just head to the bottom of the bike.

Did you overfill your tank? Or spill some on the lip? You are probably just smelling the extra fuel coming out the bottom. Those lines normally just route down to the bottom of the bike, one is for overflow and the other is a vent line to make sure you don't create a vacuum inside the tank.
Nah the smell is after every ride and my tank is usually <75%. No wheelies or anything either. But it definitely is either a vent or overflow. I'll pick a tube up from lowes to take its place. I never hear any pressure or anything when i open the tank so that's good.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Check for leaks to be on the safe side but that is probably all you're smelling. And you wouldn't be able to open your gas cap if there was a vacuum being created in the tank. Lowes will have the tubing you need and they sell it by the foot which is nice. Just route it down and out the bottom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts