Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, please anyone can advice me about Michelin pilot road 4, I know they are for sport touring bikes . I want to change my tyres current have the Diablo Super Corsa have done 7000 miles but I want to change it to Michelin Pilot Road 4, any advice as I am riding almost every day and in UK most of the days are raining so need a good grip and a lot of miles :D any recomandations are welcome. Thank you all. Honda 600rr 2003

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I've only heard good things about the Road 4

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had Pilot Road 3's before and they were great tires for daily riding, got 7-8k out of the rear. I recently switched over to Pilot Power 3's and I like them much better. I feel like the powers still have plenty of grip when the Roads would have been slipping.

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
I have had Pilot Road 3's before and they were great tires for daily riding, got 7-8k out of the rear. I recently switched over to Pilot Power 3's and I like them much better. I feel like the powers still have plenty of grip when the Roads would have been slipping.
I've had road 3's and 4's on a Ducati 1098S, and my Aprilia RSV4 factory. Wore them to the edges in the twisties and NEVER had them slip.

You must have been doing it wrong.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've had road 3's and 4's on a Ducati 1098S, and my Aprilia RSV4 factory. Wore them to the edges in the twisties and NEVER had them slip.

You must have been doing it wrong.

:+1: People get scared because of the word touring. Have the 3's on my zx10r and I never lose traction. Most who think they need a power, q3, or s20 for the street are either overestimating their abilities or underestimating modern tire technology :poke:

Here is a track test:
http://www.visordown.com/product-features/michelin-pilot-road-3-1800-mile-tyre-review/18694.html

·
Registered
315 Posts
road 4's came on a zx-10 i bought a few months ago, they weren't a tire I had previously considered but since a new pair was on thee bike ive been running them. super happy with them so far, they are wearing evenly and slowly and have gone from the drag strip to the twisties and did very well.

·
Registered
940 Posts
You said you ride in the rain and ride daily. This is a no-brainer...get the Pilot Road 3 or 4s. I include the 3s cause the can be gotten for a bargain and I can personally attest to their prowess in the rain as well as durability aka mileage.

The one thing I really loved about them was how fast they got up to temperature.

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
If you get the PR4, be sure they don't sell you the "GT" version. It's for heavier bikes and won't handle right on a sportbike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you everyone much appreciated, I've been told from my garage that I wont be disappointed at all with the P4 :)) thank you guys. All the best to you all.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Sounds like you've already picked the right tire for your riding conditions. Good choice.
If you decide you want a "super/hyper-sport" tire that still has good wet traction the Metzeler M5 is also a good choice. Speaking from experience they perform well in the wet--though probably not as good as the Pilot Road 3/4--and wear extremely well on the street.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've found the new metzeller m7rr an awesome tyre. Haven't done really cold days on them but they heat up fast so doubt they would have any issues.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on the Michelin Pilot Road 4.

I have the Pilot Road 4 on my ST3R, and I commute 40 miles on them daily. Even pulling out onto the wet streets in the morning with cold tires, the PR4 have never given me any indication of slipage. In the warm, they might not provide the same amount of grip as the race oriented tires (Q2/Q3), but they are certainly not lacking in grip and you would have to be pushing the legal limits to put them out of their comfort zone. Extra bonus is that they were extremely well, I have about 2-3k miles on my current ones, and they are extremely comparable to when they were new.

As someone metioned earlier, you can't really go wrong with this tire unless you looking for something more track oriented.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts