Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m needing a new rear tyre soon,currently Michelin power 2ct,what are you guys using or recommend please,all/mixed weather and a good life expectancy
thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
Bridgestone S21 would suit you well. Good grip in the dry, quick warm up time, and decently long lasting. Wet grip is fine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you want to stick with Michelin, Ive just gone with a set of Michelin Road 5's. Fantastic in the wet yet the edges are soft(ish) and smooth for good grip in the dry.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest I’m pretty new to sportsbikes and only used the Michelin power 2,there pretty good,but found they’ve worn quick,but that could be down to my riding style lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I’ll give the roads a try,I mainly commute straight roads,is there much difference/benefit between the Michelin road 2,3,4 and 5’s?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ok I’ll give the roads a try,I mainly commute straight roads,is there much difference/benefit between the Michelin road 2,3,4 and 5’s?
Each one is simply an evolution of the last. Michelin claim the 5's (with 3000 miles usage) will stop as quickly as brand new 4's due to the way they've designed the SIPS. You cant go wrong with the 5's but if you want to save a few bucks you wont have an issue with the 4's. They are my go to commuting tyre. :thumbup:

·
Registered
389 Posts
The pilot road series tires are good, and last very long, but they are also expensive.

And after 10k miles, even if your tires still have some rubber on them, they won't handle well and you will want to change them!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I’m needing a new rear tyre soon,currently Michelin power 2ct,what are you guys using or recommend please,all/mixed weather and a good life expectancy
thanks
I was thinking of getting the Michelin Power 2CT's. How are they for road and occasional track days? How many miles did you get out of yours? Any issues with them other than you wished they lasted longer?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pilot Power RS is a damn good tire. I’ve run 5 sets now on my track bike. I ran a rear power 3 for 7k miles on my previous RR street bike. Tire life comes down to correct tire pressure more than anything. They can last long and they can go real quick... If you wanna do track DO NOT run a pilot road tire as it will not be soft enough to grip on an RR. Bridgestone and Dunlop make good competitor tires as well but it really comes down to preference. I’ve run more Michelin’s than anything else but I’ve liked how they turn and last so I’ve stuck with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Pilot Power RS is a damn good tire. I’ve run 5 sets now on my track bike. I ran a rear power 3 for 7k miles on my previous RR street bike. Tire life comes down to correct tire pressure more than anything. They can last long and they can go real quick... If you wanna do track DO NOT run a pilot road tire as it will not be soft enough to grip on an RR. Bridgestone and Dunlop make good competitor tires as well but it really comes down to preference. I’ve run more Michelin’s than anything else but I’ve liked how they turn and last so I’ve stuck with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see Pilot Power, or Power RS, but no Pilot Power RS. Which ones did you have 5 sets of? https://www.revzilla.com/michelin-sport-tires
How long (miles) do you think these would last on the street?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ve really got on well with the 2ct tyre for street(not tracked yet),NEVER let me down and really inspire confidence in the wet or dry!!
Tyre life approx 3500 miles,but I’m a very aggressive rider though!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts