Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me out please, I'm wondering what the best tyres to put on my 2008 cbr600rr would be. I've researched a good bit on the Internet, but there's loads of conflicting options. I never do track days, I just go out on the country roads. I've got Bridgestone battlax on at the moment, but my mechanic warned me against using them again. Thanks in advance for any help .

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
Dunlop Sportmax is the successor to what Honda recommended for this bike at the time, (Qualifier).

I've experienced no problems with them and they are fairly long-lived, though I'm street only and not an aggressive rider.

My tire experience seems to be atypical. I had a flat last year and one the year prior, both on Michelins, but only one on the 600RR.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Did your mechanic say why he warned against the battax's? I had been considering getting a set.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did your mechanic say why he warned against the battax's? I had been considering getting a set.
He said because of the tread, he said there's no groves for water displacement. To be honest I don't go out much in the rain anyway, he showed me some mitchelin pilot 4's on an R6 he had in. I've read up on them and they have great reviews, but I'm swaying towards the metzlers. To be honest, I think it's personal preference, everyone has a different opinion, people's riding abilities are different and there isn't many tyres that have a bad review.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts