Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if one exists? Is it an Oem Honda option? Do any aftermarket locks fit.? I've always seen this space and wondered if I could get something to fill and maybe use a lock at the same time to prevent jackass theives...

·
Registered
984 Posts
I use an Kryptonite EV Disc Lock. I put the "U" part in first with only the cylinder part been able to be seen when the rear seats off. I hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any luck? Or does anyone have apic of a lock that fits in there? Like a pic of the lock stored in there?

mabbottusmc said:
The lock that honda says fits under the seat is oem. It's a huge u lock. I'll try to find a pic of it on their site.

·
Registered
484 Posts
mabbottusmc said:
The lock that honda says fits under the seat is oem. It's a huge u lock. I'll try to find a pic of it on their site.
It was featured in the 2003 Press Information publication, but I haven't seen it anywhere else since. Here's a pic I ripped out from the pdf:

I thought about buying one, but I think it's too short for all but the most generous locking situations.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
ragamuffin, That's the pic I was trying to find. It was on the honda page last year but it's not now. If someone does get one of those small disk locks make sure you get a reminder cable. Costs a hell of alot less then a new rotor and fender like I had to replace.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
perfect guys.. Now all I need is a part# because all the parts guys are looking at me like I'm making this part up.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Padraf said:
perfect guys.. Now all I need is a part# because all the parts guys are looking at me like I'm making this part up.
Wow. Really?! I called my Honda dealer and they were able to give me a quote. I'll try again. If I get a part number, I'll post it here.

·
Registered
484 Posts
mabbottusmc said:
If someone does get one of those small disk locks make sure you get a reminder cable. Costs a hell of alot less then a new rotor and fender like I had to replace.
Ouch. I did the same, but I was lucky. My rotor was fine. I think the pad was a little tweaked, but the mechanic said I'm ok.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hate being a pest but.. I can't read that part number.. maybe its just my shitty monitor. I've now called 3 dealers and none of them have heard of it. Maybe its a US only part. I'm in Vancouver, BC.

mabbottusmc said:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Who makes that lock? I called my dealer today and the parts guy clarified that Honda does not make the lock. They spec'd the rear compartment to fit existing aftermarket locks.

He quoted the Kryptonite New York 3000MC and Kryptolock 3000MC as being able to fit, but when I looked those locks up on kryptonite's webpage, they appeared to be too long to fit. Maybe it's just my eyes.

However, the lock you posted, Marshall, is definitely being marketed as a 600rr specific lock.

·
Registered
605 Posts
It is a Honda OEM Part, I have one, fits real nice untill you have a power commander under there and a load of resisitors for a Clear alternatives integrated tail light :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
You wont believe this, but I have the honda OEM u-lock that fits under the rear seat cowl, and i disagree with spliffy. it does NOT fit 'snugly'. In fact, its so annoying (and dangerous as it tends to pressure the rear seat cowl into opening) i am going to buy something else.

Get the kryptonite tiny ones. way better, way smaller, and does the same thing.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts