1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If only we would do this in America...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
We did, it was called the revolution.
doing this cuz i dont wana detract from the other thread.

It's a little bit different this time. 200 years ago, the corrupt and irresponsible regime developed in spite of American's wishes. today, the establishment is fostered by American's apathy and general ignorance.

this time, it's our fault.

·
Registered
720 Posts
This is true but I look at the protest in Egypt and I have hope, if they can get that many people together why couldn't we? I have high hopes for my generation and the next generation to come. More and more people are waking up, and some sheeple are opening their eyes as well now...

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
This is true but I look at the protest in Egypt and I have hope, if they can get that many people together why couldn't we? I have high hopes for my generation and the next generation to come. More and more people are waking up, and some sheeple are opening their eyes as well now...

I don't know man... I think if Morsi was giving out government aid like we do in the USA I think you wouldn't have all those people in the street...

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know man... I think if Morsi was giving out government aid like we do in the USA I think you wouldn't have all those people in the street...
actually, Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood have been giving out government aid like crazy. the illiteracy rate in Egypt is very high and many people are extremely poor. the MB basically takes them under their wing with food and education and buys their votes.

Go to the Egyptian thread though, Moeman and Rad Rage are better authorities on this.

(ironic that i made this thread to keep from detracting from the Egyptian thread but now this thread is detracting to the egyptian thread! haha)

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
another nation who we can put up their along with the Egyptians is Brazil. those people are not taking ANY b.s. form their gov't. They hate their congress and are protesting so that trials are held against corrupt officials. they also are protesting against the hike in transportation fares in light of the coming world cup and all the money being spent on stadiums. They see that they are being thrown under the bus and IMMEDIATELY they gathered together. Morsi is pretty clearly a tyrant, but the Brazilians wont even let the gov't come anywhere close to that. they are forcing their president to be accountable to them,,,and its going pretty well. they are influencing their legislation in their favor. its quite amazing.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
actually, Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood have been giving out government aid like crazy. the illiteracy rate in Egypt is very high and many people are extremely poor. the MB basically takes them under their wing with food and education and buys their votes.

Go to the Egyptian thread though, Moeman and Rad Rage are better authorities on this.

(ironic that i made this thread to keep from detracting from the Egyptian thread but now this thread is detracting to the egyptian thread! haha)
I knew they did, but didn't realize it was to the level that we do in the US. I'll have to check that out.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm waiting for Texas to break off into their own country :thumbup:

Once that happens, I'm moving there!
good luck with that haha. in the mean time IM waiting for all the liberty minded individuals to gather together and move to some sort of uninhabited island in the middle of no where and govern themselves!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It only needs 1 word.

SUBSIDIES
you're right. i completely forgot haha. idk how that didnt cross my mind!

now we've got all these gov't backed student loans so a good portion of the pop. can now "pay" for college. this is govt aid as well. the FED's QE as well as TARP is gov't aid for the wealthy.

artificially low interest rates as well...

all this short term manipulation of money one way or another benefits select individuals at the expense of everyone else. in the case of student loans, it comes at the students expense as well!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts