Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I think one of the best was Kevin Swantz. He had insights into the races that I was wondering/commenting about. Much better then Freddie Spencer although he has gotten better..

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I don't see how they expect Americans to start getting into this sport if CBS keeps on letting them announce races. Damn, even when someone goes down they make it seem boring. Those announcers on Speed..... well they are on a whole other level of announcing. Like I said about the last CBS broadcast on another thread, I thought I was watching golf or something.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Got to take the good with the bad as far as commentators
go nobody beats the WSBK guys

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't see how they expect Americans to start getting into this sport if CBS keeps on letting them announce races. Damn, even when someone goes down they make it seem boring. Those announcers on Speed..... well they are on a whole other level of announcing. Like I said about the last CBS broadcast on another thread, I thought I was watching golf or something.
+ 1 , (golf or something LOL !) Need to hear more RPM's !!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
CBS Announcers: (prince Valium voice)Oh look, Rossi just crashed out. This will be big in Moto GP.

What I think the Euro Annoucers Sounded like: BLOODY FUCKIN ELL, ROSSI IS OUT ROSSI IS OUT **** ME IN THE GOAT ASS ROSSI IS OUT.

I love the mute button.

ROFL!!!!!!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
I didn't like the fact that it seemed to turn the volume of the bikes down. All in all CBS coverage wasn't too bad. I'm just glad to see it on network TV.

You'd think Schwantz would have a little more life to him. At least Freddie Spencer and the other AMA guy get excited. I throw stuff at the TV when I watch on Speed; now I feel like I should drink a glass of wine and complain about the economy.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I didn't like the fact that it seemed to turn the volume of the bikes down. All in all CBS coverage wasn't too bad. I'm just glad to see it on network TV.

You'd think Schwantz would have a little more life to him. At least Freddie Spencer and the other AMA guy get excited. I throw stuff at the TV when I watch on Speed; now I feel like I should drink a glass of wine and complain about the economy.
true about the sound of the bikes. i could barely hear them. as for the commentators, i agree, they suck but oh well. i miss hearing the crazy commentators on speed. luckily the 250s are still on speed and they get just as rowdy with lorenzo, dovizioso, de angelis, and bautista goin at it.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Like I said about the last CBS broadcast on another thread, I thought I was watching golf or something.
I had the same feeling. i did enjoy the history and a ride through the track in the beginning. Watchin it in digital the picture and audio is much better as well.

time to look for the Europe feed of the race ;)

·
Registered
796 Posts
Schwantz stinks as an announcer!! Get that man off the air.

Ohh look there, there "Vali" just crashed. lol.... Vali? WTF?
Ohh look there is "The HOFF". Yeah hmmm David HaselHOFF!!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I knew they were bad but when Rossi crashed and they just kind of spoke in a normal tone about it, I missed the Speed guys... BAD. They would have been smashing glass and sh**ting kittens in the booth when that happened. I can hear the guy now! What a shame. The golf comparison is dead on though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I could not agree more with this post. Their lack of enthusiasm was driving me crazy during the entire race. Schwantz may be a highly accomplished motorcycle rider, but he obviously has no business whatsoever being an annoucer. CBS must have assigned him an assistant to put a mirror in front of his mouth every few seconds to make sure he was still breathing, BORING and terrible for the sport. I was also getting annoyed by those retarded trivia questions that were taking away from live race coverage.

·
Registered
498 Posts
yeah most definatelly those guys are great! the one guys sounds like he is going to piss his pants at least 5 or 6 times during each race he is so excited.
the biggest complaint i have with the cbs broadcasting is that you cant hear the bikes at all, that and they dont show any of the graphics that they have on SPEED all they have is the lap counter at the top of the screen. SPEED has the list of riders as they come across the line, who pulls the fastest lap and heck they even have penalties scrolled at the bottom of the screen. they were killin me. i was waiting for the golf claps in the bacground as well.

·
Registered
995 Posts
no no... The Northwest guys are seriously nuts!!! Even on the straight they are screaming... like saying... wow! look at the headcam shaking when the bike is going at 200mph! or whoa! the front end came up in the bump! They are going fast!

WSBK has this one guy who speaks so softly, I don't even bother listening to him!

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
seriously i hope with them bringing GP's to indy now along with the 125 & 250 that they use there regular announcers... i'll be at the race so it doesn't matter but honestly all the american announcers suck.. period.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Spaniars sucks too!

There is Angel Nieto (13 times world champion), Alex Criville (the only 500cc spanish championship winner) and Jorge Lorenzo (former 250cc champion)

But they suck, big time!

·
Registered
971 Posts
I watched the US GP on Fox and also had the live feed from the official site going at the same time. There was a bit of a delay on the web site, but man, that really showed me how poor Spencer and that idiot Ralph Sheheen are. The Fox commentary is for the motorcycle fan with severe brain damage. Stuff like, "They lean the bikes over to make them turn. If it was straight up, then they would never make the turns at those speeds". And, "They put their weight on the footpegs which help them lean the bike over, and it helps them to shift as well". WTF?? This kind of commentating is a joke, and insults anyone who has any knowledge of riding a motorcycle, or hell, even a bloddy mo-ped.

I know they want to get as much of the American public into MotoGp, but talking to us like we are retards isn't the way. Man, the real MotoGp announcers are worlds apart from the dopes from Speed/Fox.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts