Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a bit surprised there isn't a Off-Topic Thread about UFC Fighter Conor McGregor. What do you guys think about him?

I personally believe his greatest skill, whether doing it consciously or not, is getting into his opponent's head. Contrary to most beliefs, I do not believe he is physically a great fighter. His assets are all mental.

Do you foresee his popularity affecting him negatively in the future?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,726 Posts
Ufc is all about selling your fight and your time is very limited so u have to make the most if it. It only takes one riggt hit to take you out. He sorta reminds me of mayweather except mcgregot is exciting to watch.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ufc is all about selling your fight and your time is very limited so u have to make the most if it. It only takes one riggt hit to take you out. He sorta reminds me of mayweather except mcgregot is exciting to watch.
I definitely agree. I was beyond excited to see him fight Dos Anjos but unfortunately that came to a disappointment. I hope to see Diaz slap McGregor like he does to most of his opponents lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think it is as great as he talks, although is persona is what puts him over the top and makes him the superstar.

I am upse UFC isnt giving us what we want with the McGregor v Diaz rematch

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it is as great as he talks, although is persona is what puts him over the top and makes him the superstar.

I am upse UFC isnt giving us what we want with the McGregor v Diaz rematch
I am not convinced that this is new drama is a classical battle between who is more powerful. UFC lives off of drama and so does McGregor. It makes money. So I am suspicious that this battle between the two is staged in order to increase drama and make more money.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Perhaps, and it does make us all want to see them fight more.

Are you saying that the whole "Im not going to do media so I can focus more on training" was a stunt on McGregors side, or something higher, something that Dana White has planned all along?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perhaps, and it does make us all want to see them fight more.

Are you saying that the whole "Im not going to do media so I can focus more on training" was a stunt on McGregors side, or something higher, something that Dana White has planned all along?
I am suspicious that the whole, "I'm not going to do media so I can focus more on training" is a collaborative stunt by McGregor and Dana.

Imagine Dana placing McGregor back into the fight one week before it begins. In that case, McGregor would get what he was asking for and it wouldn't be obvious to the public.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts