Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dammit!

My MSF course was scheduled for March 18, 19, 20. I went on the 18th to the classroom instruction... Passed with flying colors, 100% on the test.

The on range instruction was cancelled due to rain. I just rescheduled and she won't be able to get me in until May 14! Dammit! My permit expires on May 26 so I'm cutting it close.

I just want to get my damn license already.

/rantoff

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
That bullSh!t, I took my range instruction in a T-storm warning.

It was raining like a mofo. :???:

Can't you just renew your permit? Here in NY you can just renew it.

I think DMV charges 7 to 14 bone's :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I know here in NH you can only have one permit per year so that rule probably applies to other states as well (not all ofcourse). I say if you want your license that bad then go take the DMV test. It's not like the MSF will be a waste if you do.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I took mine in the rain. I'm actually glad I did but I guess if they cancel it, theres nothing you can do but wait.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Yeah, that sucks, they said that our class was going to run rain or shine...our weather turned out OK

H

·
0 Posts
yeah i would just take the DMV test and then go to the MSF... this way you do not lose the permit

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I took my class in the rain as well and I mean it was really, really raining.

Jason

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
That's what I said, do it in the rain. You will end up riding in the rain sooner or later. Nothing is wrong with a bit of rain. I took my class in Dec.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Real drag! During my course it rained the entire time. Looking back, I am glad it rained so I'm no longer concerned about riding in the weather. It is a little uncomfortable but no big deal. The class I took claims in 7 years they have only cancelled once and that was due to hail.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I took my bike course over about 2 months from the end of November to the start of February here in Japan. It snowed, albeit very lightly, twice and they didn't cancel lessons! It was melting as soon as it hit the ground and the road wasn't too wet, so they even tried a few emergency stops. When somebody locked up the back wheel they decided to call it off.

I had a few lessons in the rain - it was about 2 or 3 degrees C one day (36/37F) and my gloves got soaked - I thought my fingers were going to drop off it was that cold. Still, it was a good idea because I made sure to wear the right clothes for the weather and got some experience riding in wet conditions.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Maybe Schwing failed and she is making up stories? I guess this is just some rare case because it seems like this $hit never gets cancelled. :roll:

Jason

·
Registered
90 Posts
It is possible to cancel class due to weather. The rain can be coming down sideways with wind gusts and class will go on. But I am required to cancel my class if there is thunder and lightening. Then again, I teach in Orlando where lightening is serious. People get hit by it all the time. If I see a storm coming in I might stop the range part of the class and go in for classroom stuff until the storm blows over.

Oh, and yellowRR, there is a written and riding evaluation....

·
Registered
284 Posts
Maybe there was standing water on the practice course. It rained both days when I took the course and it was in December. I can remember few times when I was that cold. I kept resting my gloved hands on the exhaust pipe to keep them warm.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Visitor Q said:
Maybe Schwing failed and she is making up stories? I guess this is just some rare case because it seems like this $hit never gets cancelled. :roll:

Jason

Maybe her instructor didn't like getting wet? He did wake me up at some ungodly hour like 5am or something like that on Sat to tell her class was canceled. It was raining hard that morning but cleared up by noon. I think they could have gone and did the class room stuff then could have gone outside and do the riding because by noon it stopped raining.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts