Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me where the bolts are to remove the upper? i've got the whole bike stripped down but its time to remove the upper to install flushmounts etc. i found out that two of the screenbolts and the mirrors hold it in place, but where else are there bolts to remove the front?

i will work on this tomorrow so help is appreciated..

thanks in advance

-Norb

·
Registered
56 Posts
You're in luck. I just got done putting mine back together. Look under your headlights and you'll see black plastic phillip head screws. Turn those a quarter turn and pull them out. There are three just below the headlights, and four on each fairing on the inside. If you only see three on the inside of the fairing, look near the little air box that catches bugs and other debris under the ducts. There you will find the fourth screw hiding. Those little air boxes pull right off after that, and I recommend you shake out the bugs while you got them off the bike. Good luck.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Also check where the forks and frame meet. If I remember right the are two bolts there that if you take them out the whole front will come off. Sounds like you got all the other ones. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
seanic said:
what do you mean bob?
What do I mean about what? You don't need to take the upper off to change the signals. He is putting flushmounts( :roll: ) on. I have put short stalks on a friends and didn't take the upper off, just what I said above. You do have to take the lowers and mids off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts