Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious, does anybody have experience with this brand. They seem to be pretty top quality and definitely the style of moto jean I'm looking for but I'm wondering if they breath well ( I live in south florida where the heat is ungodly and it's the reason I don't wear motorcycle jeans for much of the year).

https://www.uglybrosusa.com/

·
Registered
196 Posts
Short answer yes, im in favour of them.
They are a great cut, fit well (I body build so good fit always an issue), stretchy, high at the back so dos t expose the crack (but not Harry high pant high) and look like normal (biker) jeans.
Can ride to a restaurant or cafe in summer no probs, still look stylish compared to the typical loose, ill fitting Kevlar jeans.
They will be little warmer due to the extra layer of Kevlar, but the canvas is light.
Best looking and fitting Kevlar lined jeans available.
In my humble opinion anyway.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Short answer yes, im in favour of them.
They are a great cut, fit well (I body build so good fit always an issue), stretchy, high at the back so dos t expose the crack (but not Harry high pant high) and look like normal (biker) jeans.
Can ride to a restaurant or cafe in summer no probs, still look stylish compared to the typical loose, ill fitting Kevlar jeans.
They will be little warmer due to the extra layer of Kevlar, but the canvas is light.
Best looking and fitting Kevlar lined jeans available.
In my humble opinion anyway.
I definitely agree that they look real sharp (I'm very much into the tailored slim fit). What's your review as far as how the armor sits and how securely? Do you feel confident in a wreck that they'd stay in place without popping out of the pockets?

Also, what kind of heat do you deal with? Florida heat is miserable because of the humidity. It usually averages around 70% during the summer so it's really sticky and muggy

·
Registered
196 Posts
I definitely agree that they look real sharp (I'm very much into the tailored slim fit). What's your review as far as how the armor sits and how securely? Do you feel confident in a wreck that they'd stay in place without popping out of the pockets?

Also, what kind of heat do you deal with? Florida heat is miserable because of the humidity. It usually averages around 70% during the summer so it's really sticky and muggy
TBH, I never wear the knee caps, I think they'd take the initial first impact and its up to the gods for the rest.

The heat in Melb can be crazy, up to 120F, but only mad dogs and Englishman venture outside in that heat, I ride in 100F to the beach no problem, wear the Kevlar jeans and t-shirt but stay off freeways and only take 60kph roads. With the engine heat and full sun you still boil at the lights when not moving.

·
Registered
208 Posts
After looking at their website, I can't tell the difference between the men and women's pants...

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Those look pretty good, but that price!...sheesh! Might as well just get textile/mesh riding pants. But I suppose in this case, you're mostly paying for the style and fit.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Those look pretty good, but that price!...sheesh! Might as well just get textile/mesh riding pants. But I suppose in this case, you're mostly paying for the style and fit.

spot on, the rest look terrible.
If you can make good looking and fitting Kevlar jeans, you're in business.
Saw them, and WILL come.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also agree. If i'm going to spend over a $140 dollars for jeans that fit only 50% of how I want them to, i don't have a problem going the full gammut and buying something that i totally like. Plus, most riding jeans don't have the armor by the hips like these do, so that's another plus for me as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts