Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have 600+ miles on my bike according to Honda im done with break-in. so i washed the bike started it up and let it run for 3 min then took it around the block when i got back i left it run and free revved it to 9k rpm's when i let off the throttle hear came the blue smoke out of the exhaust. should i take it to the shop or what? my 03 r6 never did this?

Tim

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how does any of that help me????

Tim

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Wasn't your bike spitting smoke when we were riding the other day and you were downshifting? Do you still work at Motoprimo? You should check with the techs there and see if they know anything about it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Just curious, how did you break in this bike, EZ or Red Line day one?

Did you do the 600 mile oil change yet? What kind of oil?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I rode it how i was gonna ride it. not red-line, in fact to this day its seen 15k rpm twice! just normal shifting between 4-8k enough throttle but not pinning it by any means! i dunno the first year of squid riding has worn off, now its just another form of trans. outside of the track days coming up this summer.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You should never rev your engine that high without it being under a load. Thats not good on it at all.

·
Administrator
51,147 Posts
the smoke should eventually stop i would check my oil level though just to make sure she aint burning oil

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hmm what... with theis new engines you don't have to "break-in" your bike.. The will work as good with out it that stuff... you should just take it easy the first few miles... And the smoke. Don't think you should worry about it, but you may want to check it out. But as thet other guy, not good to rev it up like that... Think.. why do you think they put a block so that you cant rev it "over".... 8)

·
Administrator
51,147 Posts
one of the main important things when the bike is still new or with low mileage is to make sure you warm it properly without reving the motor let the motor idle on its own ( when the temp gauage gets to 165F) you start riding

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have revved my new bike up to like 6-7. Is that bad? I guess I thought it was OK, like normal use. No smoke or anything like that I just don't want to hurt anything.

·
Administrator
51,147 Posts
let it warm up on its own ( idle) do not rev it in order to warm up the motor specially when its fairly new

·
Registered
812 Posts
Yep, It's normal, Just a little blue puff right, not a steady stream or anything.

I hate oil smoke. Does it go away or get worst with age? :|

·
Registered
230 Posts
avenge25, Its not good to sit and rev your bike mostly to the higher RPM's. Just think about whats going on in your engine when you rev the piss out of it without a load on it. Thats alot of free flowing parts in there with no where to go or to put the power. You did not hurt anything, but don't make a habit of it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yah i know not to make a habbit of it, i just know that with all the things ive heard of oil burning, i thougth i would check it out.
Thanks for all the help you guys have given. it has really been useful.(seriously)

Tim

·
Registered
180 Posts
Haven't been revving the piss out of it, just a quick flick to annoy the Harley's every now and then! 8)
Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts