Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:police:

Any UK people here had any problems with scrutineering at track days or the rozzers on the road with the loudness of their exhaust?

I'm after getting a slip-on for my '08 and want to do a track day soon, however when enquiring my local track Brandshatch told me they've got a 102db limit, but none of the manafcturers seem to publish noise levels of their cans.

help!

:cruising:

·
05/10 BOTM
583 Posts
As long as the exhaust comes with a baffle you should be fine.
I've got an Akra full system, usually 105 but 101/102 with baffle in.
Also remember to warm up the bike for a bit before getting her tested.

I've had louder cans on the road and never been tugged on London roads before.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have an Akra and Yoshi slip on. The Akra passes the noise test an Brands without the baffle in. And that was on an evening session which has lower Db limits.

Never had a problem with either can on the roads. The Yoshi is slightly louder i'd say but not measured it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have an Akra and Yoshi slip on. The Akra passes the noise test an Brands without the baffle in. And that was on an evening session which has lower Db limits.

Never had a problem with either can on the roads. The Yoshi is slightly louder i'd say but not measured it.
As long as the exhaust comes with a baffle you should be fine.
I've got an Akra full system, usually 105 but 101/102 with baffle in.
Also remember to warm up the bike for a bit before getting her tested.

I've had louder cans on the road and never been tugged on London roads before.
The same as Trackday Hiro & Mook have said,
I have a Akra road legal slip on (baffle fitted) and have done 2 evening TD at Brands. Passed the noise test with no problems at all, the tester even said it was nice and quite.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys.

Do any of you know any one that has run either the Two Brothers slip or the Jardine slip on systems?

Just wondered if either were noticably louder, also opinion on looks and sound of all the systems in general would be appreciated.

Perhaps I'll pop along to Brands to say hi when your there next so can hear for myself first hand :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you do a search on here I remember quite a few people saying that the Jardine was quite load!

If you get a slip on or full system, get a road legal one then you know that you should get on a TD with no problem. Also you won't attracted too much attention from the police.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
i have the LeoV slip on my 07 , my local track , has a limit of 98 at 40 yards, no problems even with the silencer taken out......hope that helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be at Brands for the evening session this Thursday 22nd April. Pop along and say hi if you want. Better still get it booked! Hopefully the track won't be covered in volcano ash!!

Graham
Will try and pop along, what time does it start? :cruising:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Will try and pop along, what time does it start? :cruising:
It was last week.

Anyone doing an evening session at Brands would be well advised to go with the standard can in. I just about scrapped through the noise test with the baffle in on my Akra by giving slightly less revs than asked. Think they might have tightened up this year as it's never been a problem at Brands before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts