Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an 04 600rr today. Didn't notice it when i was checking out the bike before but tried to lock the handle bar when turning the handle bar all the way to the left. The bike has been dropped previously, once on each side (supposedly thats what the previous owner said). What could cause it not to lock? hope that nothing major is bent.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
there is a pin that comes out from the ignition column that slots into one of two notches on the head-tube of the frame (one left, one right). Either the ignition column pin is broken or you're turning the bars too far when trying to lock. I turns the bars all the way over and kind-of jiggle it back until it catches - just my 0.02.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
li1p1aya said:
is it normal to jiggle it?
Yes. If you try to turn the bars all the way to one side or the other it won't lock. You have to move the bars back to center just slightly for the lock to engage.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have the same problem, just pull it all the way to the right and put a little pressure on it back the other way and it will lock.

·
Registered
739 Posts
rdss said:
I have the same problem, just pull it all the way to the right and put a little pressure on it back the other way and it will lock.
Just to help you out bud, you should always lock your bars to the left instead of the right. A lot harder to tip over on left :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts