Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a pair of Dainese axial pro boots, the boots are amazing and comfortable however I am having trouble with my feet positioning. There seems to be alot of tension on my ankles and shins when shifting and braking. Would aftermarket rear sets be the solution?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Gotta ask, have you adjusted the controls? The stickers adjust, in case you didn't know.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Stockers... not stickers. There's a lock nut on each end of the linkage rod. Loosen them and you can raise/ lower the shift pedal a few cm. Same for the brake pedal.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
How long have you had the boots? It seems that you just bought them and arn't used to wearing full boots while operating a motorcycle. I was like that when I first put on my sidi vertigo's. Keep wearing them and it'll take time to get used to them and break the boots in. Then, next thing you know when you're used to them, you'll never want to wear another shoe while riding. Ride safe!

Reactions: v-tec crx

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Stockers... not stickers. There's a lock nut on each end of the linkage rod. Loosen them and you can raise/ lower the shift pedal a few cm. Same for the brake pedal.
this I did not know...thanks very much

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How long have you had the boots? It seems that you just bought them and arn't used to wearing full boots while operating a motorcycle. I was like that when I first put on my sidi vertigo's. Keep wearing them and it'll take time to get used to them and break the boots in. Then, next thing you know when you're used to them, you'll never want to wear another shoe while riding. Ride safe!
Probably right 2nd time wearing them out I guess I'll wear them everyday for my commute to get use to

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Race boots will take some getting used too!! Deff adjust your controls to feel most comfortable ... Then just wear them in and get used to it

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Race boots will take some getting used too!! Deff adjust your controls to feel most comfortable ... Then just wear them in and get used to it

Exactly. You have a lot larger range of motion in shoes. It look me a little bit to get used to up shifting in the boots. Also they might break in a little.

·
Registered
387 Posts
the boots will break in, but adjust your controls first.
there's a lot of personal preference built into your lever position. a poorly set up bike can be a distraction at best, deadly dangerous at worst. make sure you do a short shakedown ride after you make changes.

if you're making adjustments, consider switching to an inverted shift pattern. makes clutchless upshifting easier.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I had to adjust mine when I got my sidi boots. It takes quite a few rides for new boots to brake in.

unless you get stuck in a crazy downpour for 3hrs the second time you wear them!!! after that they feel like a used pair of running shoes LoL.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.