Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i have an 04rr, but i want to ask about my f4. everything is fine then randomly it will run out of fuel and die. it appears that no fuel is being allowed to enter the float bowls, ive tryed forcing fuel in and it wont go in. tank vent is clear, fuel in pump and filter, but carbs wont take any fuel. let it sit for hour it fires up, will go anywhere from 50-2000 feet then die again. i seem to have noticed it
blubbering on deceleration thru the exhaust(kind of backfiring slightly) when its going to pull its dieing act. ive been chasing this demon for a couple years now off and on, it just randomly comes and goes.according to the manual, my carbs have bowl vents but they dont say what triggers them open and shut. any ideas will help, im completely stumped.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Have you had the carbs off for a good cleaning? I mean if it's ever been in storage or had ethanol gas it's common for problems to develop.
Just a guess here, but the vent is likely just an internal passage (one of many) in the carb body.
I have an old Interceptor, pre fuel injection, and geez Louise if you don't baby that fuel system it's a mess.
But also you may have to test the pump flow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you had the carbs off for a good cleaning? I mean if it's ever been in storage or had ethanol gas it's common for problems to develop.
Just a guess here, but the vent is likely just an internal passage (one of many) in the carb body.
I have an old Interceptor, pre fuel injection, and geez Louise if you don't baby that fuel system it's a mess.
But also you may have to test the pump flow.
carbs are clean, have tested fuel pump and even tried swapping out for a manual controlled unit so i could force fuel in but to no avail. it acts like the fuel bowls just wont take in the fuel. im leaning towards the idea that it s something with the emission control crap that closes the fuel off. it sounds goofy as hell but its making me want to burn it up in the driveway! i live about 30 miles(10 of which are gravel) from town, so its leaving me on the road stranded in the middle of nowhere when it acts up. curious, does ur bike have the pair valves system?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts