Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Debt Management Counselor
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got off the phone with underarmour. i have been trying to set up to sell their products in my store for the past 5 months.

i wear their products at the track and on the street. its a great product that works well for us.

well, the head sales rep. in my area told me that he wasnt able to set me up because i am not considered a "sporting goods" store. he told me that their marketing strategy is to work towards growing their football, baseball, etc. base and they are not in the market to expand into our world.

as far as im concerned motorcycling is a sport. they dont think so.

no matter how good their products are i feel that if they are not willing to support the stores that cater to fellow motorcyclist then we should not help them in any way by buying their products.

i have let them know how i feel about this and i feel you should too:

[email protected]

this is their email address. lets get some emails going to these guys to show that we will not deal with a company that doesnt recognize what we do as a "sport".

feel free to copy and paste this on any other website you frequent. im doing this on all the boards i go to. please do the same.

this really upsets me so i hope you guys and gals will help back me up and show this company that they will lose $$$ hand over fist because they do not care about us.

thanks for your time.

brad

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Wow that's messed up. You'd figure they'd be happy about anyone calling them asking to sell their product in a store. The store is taking all the risk when it buys the stock. If the stock don't move, the store hurts not Underarmor.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
My letter to UA:

Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:00 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: Motorcyclists & Under Armour

To whom it may concern,

I belong to a message forum that caters to sports bike enthusiasts that I visit at least three times a day. I was shocked to read a post by one of the board members that stated that when he spoke to an Under Armour sales rep about selling your product in his motorcycle shop that Under Armour was not interested because motorcycling is not considered a sport and Under Armour is only sold in sporting good stores. While motorcycling is not as popular as say, football, it is indeed as much a sport as any other. Motorcyclists who race in the Moto GP or just commute to and from work benefit from Under Armour’s ability to offer protection from the cold to the wearer while not making the wearer’s body temperature rise.

I am happy with my Under Armour products, but they will be the last that I purchase. Several other motorcyclists will be following suit as well. I can not put my hard earned money towards a product that trivializes a sport that means so much to me based on the fact that equipment for my sport is not sold at Modell’s or the Sports Authority.

Sincerely,
- John Candelore

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
well go with thier competitor... show em the correspondence. im sure theyll be happy to support you. maybe even send you free sample stuff to compare, and actually listen to your feedback and adjust accordingly.

i mean thats how a lot of huge companies started, right?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thats crap about the sports store BS. I've seen Underarmour sold in a Law Enforcement uniform and equipment store. Kickin' perp's asses must be a sport then!

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
taj8250 said:
Thats crap about the sports store BS. I've seen Underarmour sold in a Law Enforcement uniform and equipment store. Kickin' perp's asses must be a sport then!
yep and ask them if the Marine Corps is a sporting store too.
you know what, skip the head sales guy, get a hold of management, aybe you can gt his feathers ruffled, and if that doesnt work, seek thier competitor.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Call Nike and if that doesnt work let Jordon know. I have some of thier stuff and it works very well.

email sent btw.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Brad
Thanks for the heads up man i sent them an email

·
Registered
259 Posts
Also sent. I wear their clothing for numerous activities. Their stuff rocks.

Cheers

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
no response yet

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
you know what? my b1tch isn't only over the "motorcycling not being a sport".

It's that sales rep's way of thinking in general that pissed me off the most, he should be fired!

If i owned a company that sold, lets say, Shooting safety glasses. My glasses were really good, they sold well and the buzz was out about them, and now people in wharehouses and industrial industries really started to like them and wanted to buy them to wear at work. I wouldn't tell hundreds or thousands of potential customers that the glasses are only sold at shooting ranges and gun shops!!!
And If one of my sales reps EVER did something like that I would fire his azz on the spot!!!

What I'm trying to say is .... it shouldn't matter to Under Armour "who" is wearing their products, if anything they should exploit this and start making a line of "motorcycle Armour" and make their profits larger.

I just don't understand what the sales rep was thinking when he said that.
I'm somewhat confused.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Dr.Spank said:
you know what? my b1tch isn't only over the "motorcycling not being a sport".

It's that sales rep's way of thinking in general that pissed me off the most, he should be fired!

If i owned a company that sold, lets say, Shooting safety glasses. My glasses were really good, they sold well and the buzz was out about them, and now people in wharehouses and industrial industries really started to like them and wanted to buy them to wear at work. I wouldn't tell hundreds or thousands of potential customers that the glasses are only sold at shooting ranges and gun shops!!!
And If one of my sales reps EVER did something like that I would fire his azz on the spot!!!

What I'm trying to say is .... it shouldn't matter to Under Armour "who" is wearing their products, if anything they should exploit this and start making a line of "motorcycle Armour" and make their profits larger.

I just don't understand what the sales rep was thinking when he said that.
I'm somewhat confused.
You know what Doc they just think our money is not good enough and that we do not make such a major impact on the sales of their products vey lame
way of doing business if you ask me so guess what EFF them

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
yeah i guess so Moeman....there are alot of other brands that are pretty much the same , soI will buy them instead. I hope one of us at least gets some kind of reply from them. Otherwise it will just show that they really couldn't care less.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts