Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

How important was the undertail exhaust?

• It was the only reason I bought the bike

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • It was one of the reasons I bought the bike

Votes: 46 78.0%
  • I don't give a crap where the exhaust pipe comes out

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Looks definitely played a part. It was also the first 600 I ever test road, which may have also had a big influence on my final decision.

I ended up testing most of the big name 6 supers, but there was something about the CBR that stayed with me.

The closest contender would have been the GSXR. I know lots of people give it hate, but for those who have actually ridden one, you can't deny that it's a beast (can be said for all 600's but whateves).

In the end though, the CBR won my heart and the epic saving journey I undertook in order to afford it only helped to cement my decision.

I also developed a rather unhealthy obsession (lust) for the CBR before I had even bought one. I had countless web links to mods and the like, pictures everywhere, my desktop wallpaper - once the beautiful face of my gf - replaced with a CBR (still is a CBR... only now it’s mine).

But yeah, to answer your question, I'd be lying if I said the undertail was not a large part of why I got the CBR, but it defiantly wasn't THE reason.
THE reason would be simply the way my face lit up with joy/excitement/horror the first time I rode one, something that another 600 may have tried to do, but has never really matched.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I think it cleans up the look of the bike. Most stock exhausts look terrible, especially Honda's. The 1000RR is the perfect example - with aftermarket, it's fine, but the original is brutal. The undertail is not so visible. I have stock now and intend on keeping it, at least for the moment.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think it cleans the lines up. All sport bikes should have undertail IMO. Side exhaust just risk being scraped on the twisties

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just curious. Seen a lot of posts lately saying how important the undertail was to them. Just wondering if for some people that was what sold them on the RR over another bike.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
ya know, i was curious at one point too. just never logged on for a long time, to start a thread about it.

im sure its important, otherwise theyd be riding something else.
also, the 6RR is the cheapest of the bunch with undertails. so that may play a role too. lmfao.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I also liked the shape, and pointy style front end on the cbr. Can't stand the flat faced 08'-12' 1KRR's... I hope they never do that to the 600!

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also liked the shape, and pointy style front end on the cbr. Can't stand the flat faced 08'-12' 1KRR's... I hope they never do that to the 600!
That bike grew on me. It was weird at first but now I like it after seeing some track models for a few years.
good suggestion my good buddy pal sincali.
:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:
:shakehand

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
That bike grew on me. It was weird at first but now I like it after seeing some track models for a few years.
:+1:
my fav gen is the 05-06. but '07+ grew on me as well. it took awhile cause i didnt like the face design,
resembled too much of an R6. but realized its more related to the great RC51.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not the main selling point for me. I actually like the side cans. The stock canister isn't the prettiest but I like the overall look. Will agree though, the under tail does clean things up.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
827 Posts
I was about to buy a gsxr and had found a deal on my bike and bought it. But I was almost at the point of no return with a gsxr750, and when this deal came by it reminded me of my obsession for the RR a few years prior, and couldn't help but jump on it.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I really like the undertail exhaust, it was one of the reasons i bought the bike. I also really like the little shorty pipe like on the r6's and gsxr's, its a good look.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts