Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking for a used 07-08 cbr. Now I wanted new but unfortunately all the dealers here have sold their inventory and I'll have to wait until the 09's. One dealer actually tried to get me to buy a gsxr.:puke: That was a quick no sale. So back to the story. Luckily my friend found a used Graffiti. So I call up the seller. The bike has 30+ miles and the asking price is 11k. I ask the seller why he's selling the bike. He tells me that he has other obligations and has to get rid of it. So I ask the seller if he was willing to sell it for at least 8k or 9k max. He tells me no and that my offer is too low. I tell him that he wont get much for a used bike. He then tells me that its practically brand new and hasn't been broken in yet. I then ask him if the bike has been dropped. He proceeds to tell me that its stock height. At this point I think that the guy bought the bike on a whim. So I ask if he's still willing to let go at my offer. He tells me thats its still unreasonable. So I tell him that I can get one new for less than 10k. So he laughs and tells me the special edition hoohah about the graffiti and that the dealers won't let it go for less than that. So I tell him that I got my bike for less than 10k and its the "special edition graffiti." He then asks why would I want another bike then. At this point I'm irritated. So I ask him if he won't accept my offfer. He tells me no. So I tell it was a pleasure trying to do business with him.:tard:

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
do you have the guy's email address? I would love to talk to him and make him look stupid. I hate how people think their stuff is made out of gold. WHY is he selling it for MORE than it costs OTD from a dealer? I abhor people like that. Hes going to regret not taking your offer. I think your offer of 8k was decent. Show him adds of dealers and private sellers selling new bikes way way way less than his insane price and then give him a dictionary and ask him to look up depreciation.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well though I dont think he will get it, in his defense it is almost a brand new bike with 30 miles and if they are unavailable in the area he is kinda asking the MSRP OTD price. It is kinda like when car dealerships sell cars for Suggested Retail Markup Value like when PT Cruisers, Honda S2000 and Dodge Challengers came out. I don't anyone should pay that but if someone really wants a new one they will have to pay it.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Thats what I thought was the case. Still though. You can't ask an asking price for more than what the bike is worth.

You can sell your bike for whatever you want. Whether it's realistic or not is another story.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i bought a brand new 08 graffiti that was still in the crate and they had to put it together, 0 miles and all that.. out the door at 11k and thats with tax tag title everything soo...
11k for used thats probably been dropped?? wow

So I've been looking for a used 07-08 cbr. Now I wanted new but unfortunately all the dealers here have sold their inventory and I'll have to wait until the 09's. One dealer actually tried to get me to buy a gsxr.:puke: That was a quick no sale. So back to the story. Luckily my friend found a used Graffiti. So I call up the seller. The bike has 30+ miles and the asking price is 11k. I ask the seller why he's selling the bike. He tells me that he has other obligations and has to get rid of it. So I ask the seller if he was willing to sell it for at least 8k or 9k max. He tells me no and that my offer is too low. I tell him that he wont get much for a used bike. He then tells me that its practically brand new and hasn't been broken in yet. I then ask him if the bike has been dropped. He proceeds to tell me that its stock height. At this point I think that the guy bought the bike on a whim. So I ask if he's still willing to let go at my offer. He tells me thats its still unreasonable. So I tell him that I can get one new for less than 10k. So he laughs and tells me the special edition hoohah about the graffiti and that the dealers won't let it go for less than that. So I tell him that I got my bike for less than 10k and its the "special edition graffiti." He then asks why would I want another bike then. At this point I'm irritated. So I ask him if he won't accept my offfer. He tells me no. So I tell it was a pleasure trying to do business with him.:tard:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts