Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

About a month ago, i finally installed my Tripage CA FE on my 07RR. It looks amazing. the part i haven't figured out yet is the license plate mounting location. I want to avoid placing it way underneath and just above the rear wheel as some members seemed to have been stopped by 5-0 cuz of that.

A pic of my current hideous setup is shown below. I do recall seeing license plate bracket kits that flank both sides of the exhaust (be it stock exhaust of slip on pipe) and extend below it and have a rail to mount the plate. However, i have no had much luck finding that item. If you know what it is called and where to buy it, please let me know. I prefer to keep the plate as far rear as possible to lessen chances of being stopped.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
One customer on here mounted his to the end just like you have yours now. The blind nuts can be installed at any location you want on the stock exhaust. Have never heard of anyone with this tag bracket being pulled over even in Cali and NY where they are really cracking down on tag brackets. Has led light bar to light the tag as well. T

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I was in the same boat as you with the stock exhaust and wanting to keep it legal. I didn't get mine from tripage but it looks very similar. Check out my post and you can see what i did. Hopefully it helps and good luck.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=114823

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
One customer on here mounted his to the end just like you have yours now. The blind nuts can be installed at any location you want on the stock exhaust. Have never heard of anyone with this tag bracket being pulled over even in Cali and NY where they are really cracking down on tag brackets. Has led light bar to light the tag as well. T

that is some good info to know. I was unsure about if drilling into the muffler and putting blind nuts in would screw up stuff like the flow rate, corrosion issues, etc.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was in the same boat as you with the stock exhaust and wanting to keep it legal. I didn't get mine from tripage but it looks very similar. Check out my post and you can see what i did. Hopefully it helps and good luck.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=114823
that looks really good

I am not sure how skilled i am with metal shaping, but i like the idea behind your FE as well as the lighting part of it

I guess perhaps, what I was looking for is the type of FE that is designed to cover your heat shield segments (which poke out after you remove the stock fugly fender), but also has segments connected to it which extend further back and can mount a plate there

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts