Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The issue isn't the kids driving habits anymore... it's the camera on his head.

Should we ALL get rid of our Go Pro cameras?

Are we all going to jail for 5 years for using them in public?

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
instead of posting on youtube, that guy should have just gave the video (only the part when the gun is drawn if he's smart) to a very good attorney and at most he would have some big fines and a couple points

lesson for the kids: if you cant afford a good lawyer, dont break the law :drunk:

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
not if you get pulled over and the officer asks you id you're recording and you lie and say no. that's breaking the law and exactly what the kid did
Maybe he didn't think it was turned on? How do you know he was lying? Maybe they bullied him into saying he lied... you don't know anything man..

This whole situation just terrifies me really... to think that cops can get away with driving around without uniforms, in unmarked cars with pitch black tinted windows, cutting people off on the highways and pulling guns on them for 80MPH on a freaking sport bike?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dammit newbie04rr, you're killin' me. It just seems like the rider (who was only written up for 80mph on the freeway) is getting the book thrown at him.

Since you're from MD, you no doubt have heard about this guy every day for the last 3 weeks.

Please fill me in on what really happened. (Seriously. Not saying that to be smart.)

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Maybe he didn't think it was turned on? How do you know he was lying? Maybe they bullied him into saying he lied... you don't know anything man..

This whole situation just terrifies me really... to think that cops can get away with driving around without uniforms, in unmarked cars with pitch black tinted windows, cutting people off on the highways and pulling guns on them for 80MPH on a freaking sport bike?

they get away with that and much much more, and the worst part is that its encouraged. They're encouraged to bully, lie, cheat, etc. to make a case against you.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I saw the tape. What's so wrong about this? The cop isn't pointing his gun at the guy. He was drawing it out of the holster in case the guy was dangerous.

Imagine if you are a cop. You don't know if someone you pull over is armed. You just don't know what you're getting into every time you do your job. It's just instinctual. This guy seems like he's driving like a jerkstore, and the cop (who seems like he was off duty to me) intervened.

I don't think it's right to threaten this guy with so much jailtime for recording what should be a public event. Our police actions should be open for the whole world to see, as should our court system. It's probably just blustering, but it's wrong anyway.

Bri

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You don't know if someone you pull over is armed.

Bri
Last time I checked, swerving in and cutting somebody off in a dark unmarked car with black tinted windows while jumping out and screaming at them with a gun in your hand is a GREAT way to get yourself shot... maybe if they didn't condone behavior like that of their cops in that state then they wouldn't have to worry about drawing their weapons as soon as they get out of the car to give out minor speeding tickets!

This cop turned a simple speeding citation into a potential murder scene with his idiotic actions. This is the U.S., not communist Russia.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts

if you watch both videos the guy went buy the unmarked going 130 so it's a little more serious than just 80 so he actually got a break. but since the guy wanted to be a doucher and post the video and lie about not recording is why he's being bashed with the extra charges. i know a little more but my job keeps me from saying anything lol. just know there's more to just the video and yes the cop was a little aggressive i agree but when you lie you pay the consequences simple as that

·
Registered
123 Posts
I guess I'm prepared to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Judging from the topics on this board about guns, it seems like it might be accurate to believe that many motorcyclists carry guns when they ride.

When you're driving that fast, don't expect the cops to be just so happy about your actions.

I'm not saying the guy acted especially great here, but I don't get the general dislike of police. When I took my MSF class there were tons of snide comments about cops giving people tickets and the like. They're just doing their job. Give me a break.

Bri

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
if you watch both videos the guy went buy the unmarked going 130 so it's a little more serious than just 80 so he actually got a break. but since the guy wanted to be a doucher and post the video and lie about not recording is why he's being bashed with the extra charges. i know a little more but my job keeps me from saying anything lol. just know there's more to just the video and yes the cop was a little aggressive i agree but when you lie you pay the consequences simple as that
"He was cited for doing 80 MPH on the highway." Where did you get 130MPH from?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
watch the video in HD his speedo goes up to 130 just because he was cited at 80 doesn't mean that's what he was exactly going. maybe because the guy was coperative on the stop initially they figured they would smack him with a bunch of other tickets. when he goes by the marked cruiser he was going 80 at that time. maybe that's why too who really knows

1 - 20 of 372 Posts