Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Original thread---> /http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=300670#post300670

I'm just pissed off right now. I don't think I should have bought a Honda. The tech line basically told the service manager at the dealership I must have been doing wheelies or racing the bike. WTF??? I don't have the skill level nor the desire to race or wheelie the damn thing. They said they will try to get the district service rep to come out and look at it but it may take awhile (a few weeks). I told them I am not happy with that answer and talked to the general manager and he basically said the same thing. I just picked up my title paperwork the day before I took it in so I haven't even tagged it yet. What is my next recourse?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I don't blame you, I'd be pissed as well. With 75 miles on it the tires should likely still have the little nipples on them right?

I'd just tell them to quit making excuses and honor the 1 year unlimited mileage warranty and fix the thing or you'll get an attorney to help make them do it. ;)

C

·
0 Posts
Have you thought of switching Honda dealers and try "playing stupid" somewhere else that will fix the problem under warranty?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cvlighthouse said:
Have you thought of switching Honda dealers and try "playing stupid" somewhere else that will fix the problem under warranty?
No, the next nearest dealer is about 50 miles away. I bought the bike from the dealer it's with now about 2 weeks ago. I wanted it serviced and repaired at the selling dealer as it should be in their best interest to keep me happy. I "might" buy another bike if they treat me right. I'm not so much pissed at the dealer as I am with Honda. The dealer wants to fix it but needs Honda authorization to have it covered under warranty. They are just awaiting the district guy to contact them back. I'm pissed that "if" they allow the dealer to tear into the engine it may be a couple more weeks before I get it back.

C

·
0 Posts
Your tech line obviously has a biased opinion on how you rode the bike. Are these the same guys that you want tearing into your delicate engine? They know that there is no way an engine could go bad after two weeks of riding. It has to be a manufactures defect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts