Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may remember i sold my beautiful silver/black 03 F4i this May and picked up this ridiculously awesome 01 RC51. When i got it, it looked like this

The consensus was that the yellow was nasty. So, after peeling off every brand sticker from the fairings i did the red rim tape, and i think it really toned down the yellow. I also changed out the highmount HMF pipes for some nice titanium Yoshis.
There's a new development going in Gig Harbor, and it's been gated off for a couple years now while they do construction. Well, so far, all they've gotten done is the asphault and the sidewalks. Fortunately for us the sidewalks have those nice round edges so you roll right up them and go around the gate, and the freshly paved asphault is completely untouched. My friend with his Mille and our girlfriends went back there for some pictures. We only did a couple passes by the girls so the action shots aren't as cool as i was hoping, and the video is when we were both coming back to tell the girls we were leaving, it's mostly just for the sound. But, enjoy anyway!

And the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs-zvXrf9C0

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Damn! Nice roads! Gotta love V-twins...Hopefully I have my streetfightered superhawk up and running soon...Wish I could've done a rc...

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
shiftn3rdon1 said:
They should put the 6-spokes on the 600rr so it would look more like the RC-211V. Awesome bike man!!
I believe I ran a one of my spare RC51 rear wheels on the back of my RR. for a while. Never really rode on it, but I have seen other guys do it at the track. They mentioned you have to shave the spacer a little bit, but i don't seem to recall that.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
wow.that RC51 sounds great.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Basically, that's my next bike. My buddy is buying an RC51 any day now and within a couple years I'm gettin one too. I just bought the 06 CBR 600RR a few weeks ago with cash, so it will be a while for me. I only buy bikes with cash, don't believe in doing payments unless it's a house. One of our friends said, make sure you get the RC51 with upside downs. I thought all the RC51 2001+ have upside downs, don't they?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if you're talking about forks, then yes, every single RC51 from 2000-2006 came with USD forks. Quite a bit of stuff changed in 2002 on the RC, too much for me to quote. But, i have an 01 and for what i use it for, i could care less about the changes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts