Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some funny money that the wife doesn't know about it. So I have close to 4K to spend on my addiction.

I am here wondering and would like to hear your opinion on the subject.

Do I upgrade my bike (PC3, Akra, Filter, Dyno, plus a few cosmetic mods), or do I buy a one piece suit, an A* Supertech boots, a new helmet and spend the money on the track, or do I get the money and get a 1000RR or a R1.

What would you guys do?

·
Chief IronLungs
2,000 Posts
I just got some funny money that the wife doesn't know about it. So I have close to 4K to spend on my addiction.

I am here wondering and would like to hear your opinion on the subject.

Do I upgrade my bike (PC3, Akra, Filter, Dyno, plus a few cosmetic mods), or do I buy a one piece suit, an A* Supertech boots, a new helmet and spend the money on the track, or do I get the money and get a 1000RR or a R1.

What would you guys do?
that'd be my choice

but you already know the track junkies are going to tell you to track it out

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My concern is to spend quite some money for a few ponies. Maybe the liter bike is more cost effective, am I missing something here?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Go ahead and pimp out your bike mang!!!

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
TRACKDAYS TRACKDAYS TRACKDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But afterwards, I guarantee you would will be doing anything you can for more $$$ cause you will go broke QUICK!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
half the fun is actually modding the bike and feeling the difference afterwards. I say mod the bike, enjoy it and then get the liter bike

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you're only getting a liter bike for power, I would probably do a -1/+1 or whatever you wanna try and see if all the extra power is what you really want. If I had four grand, I would go one-piece and stormtrooperwhite sidi's. If your helmet isn't as nice as you'd like upgrade that too. The sensible thing would be to lower any debts that you have. So I guess upgrade gear or mod your current bike. Having 4k isnt enough extra cash to push me to buy another bike. I thought I would never say this but good luck spending the 4k.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Step 1 Get a room in Vegas (high roller **** about 1500 one night)
Step 2 Buy some cocaine and hookers (depends on quality.....)
Step 3 Don 't tell your wife

I'd go for the 1k myself bro, but if you can't afford that go with the power mods....

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Buy a Busa, lower it, stretch it, chrome it out! Then spend the rest of the cash on gas driving back and forth on main street with it picking up hot babes!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Cling
that wasn't one of his options - (but I like the way you're thinking lol)

jns2001
If you have money that 'the wife doesn't know about' & get a new bike! - What, she won't notice that ?????
If you are 'hiding' the fact you have spare cash from her then you could 'lose it' in a PC & slip on, rearsets, however, you may get more value for money investing in training & trackdays.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts

But afterwards, I guarantee you would will be doing anything you can for more $$$ cause you will go broke QUICK!!!!!!!!!!
I'm with Niner! Trackdays are a great way to spend that extra money. You can but ur gear including the boots and 1pc leathers, then the performance mods for ur bike.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
too bad you have to hide money from your wife. sounds like she is the boss of you.
I can only imagine that you are not married. That money can easily go in home improvement, a new fridge, toys for the kids (as if they don't have a ****load of it), BS, BS, BS....And that was money that I got by selling a bunch of bycicle stuff that I am no longer using.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

To tell the truth, this is what I aiming for, trackdays and gear...I have been on my third trackday last week, was going again this Monday, but for some reason it got cancelled.

I have purchased sometime ago, a two piece Dainese and the Torque Out Boots, but the jacket doesn't have a hump and it is a little bit on the hot side, the same with the boots, that are like tennis shoes compared to the Supertechs, but hey, I didn't know any better than that at that time.

Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I can only imagine that you are not married. That money can easily go in home improvement, a new fridge, toys for the kids (as if they don't have a ****load of it), BS, BS, BS....And that was money that I got by selling a bunch of bycicle stuff that I am no longer using.
You should teach you're wife a lesson and give the money to me!! That'll teach her!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
half the fun is actually modding the bike and feeling the difference afterwards. I say mod the bike, enjoy it and then get the liter bike
Maybe you are right, I need to get some frame sliders, stator covers, get rid of the ridiculous oil brake reservoir, and a few cosmetic mods. What I am debating is the money spend on performance mods versus buying a new bike with lots of power for the same money...I still don't know what to do.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you're only getting a liter bike for power, I would probably do a -1/+1 or whatever you wanna try and see if all the extra power is what you really want. If I had four grand, I would go one-piece and stormtrooperwhite sidi's. If your helmet isn't as nice as you'd like upgrade that too. The sensible thing would be to lower any debts that you have. So I guess upgrade gear or mod your current bike. Having 4k isnt enough extra cash to push me to buy another bike. I thought I would never say this but good luck spending the 4k.
I have never ridden on a liter bike, have a few friends that has one, but never got the balls to ride their bike and they never offered, so I really don't know if a liter bike is the shitz...I am thinking A* one piece race replica, and the supertechs, from what I can read, the supertechs have all the protection from the stormtroopers without the noise that it causes. In regards to the helmet, I just got an Arai from Cozie, and 300 dollars of that money came from a Shark RSR2 that I sold to a friend, it was too large for me.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Maybe you are right, I need to get some frame sliders, stator covers, get rid of the ridiculous oil brake reservoir, and a few cosmetic mods. What I am debating is the money spend on performance mods versus buying a new bike with lots of power for the same money...I still don't know what to do.
*ok, actually being serious*

Dude, you just need to figure this out for yourself, nobody on here actually knows you like you know yourself... for example, if I had the extra cash it would be absolutely no contest for me, I would use it on the track because thats just the first thought that comes in to mind, considering how friggen insanely fast these bikes are getting now adays I actually considering buying mods a complete waste of money because I would much rather spend that money on fresh tires and track time in order to master an almost un-masterable motorcycle.

Then again, there are the guys that just "cruise" or just care about sounding/looking cool and could care less about reaching the limits of the motorcycle merely riding it to hook up with chicks and enjoy the slow boring open road.

THEN you got the guys with too much money, like Paul, who mod the bajesus out of their bike and ALSO spend tons of money at the track mastering it... if I was rich, I would do this as well I think ;)

You got stunters who obviously dont care about performance mods, but drag racers do..

Figure out what you WANT to actually do with the bike, then decide what to spend the money on... if you are just an all-around rider, spend some money on important must-have mods and some at the track.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Step 1 Get a room in Vegas (high roller **** about 1500 one night)
Step 2 Buy some cocaine and hookers (depends on quality.....)
Step 3 Don 't tell your wife

I'd go for the 1k myself bro, but if you can't afford that go with the power mods....
Dave, that is actually a good suggestion, too bad that it would add 3 new addictions to my roster: gambling, drugs and hookers....I would go broke in a heartbeat.
For the literbike, I think I need to ride one to see if this is what I am gonna like. Although it makes business sense instead of modding a 600.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts