Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Sold my 600RR a month and a half ago and I miss it already...even
with the snow coming. Had to pay for a wedding.
Now, I'm already thinking of a new one for next year and I just love
the new '05 Repsol 1000RR. What does everybody else think of that bike. I'm seriously considering picking one of them up in the spring. Any thoughts?

C

·
0 Posts
I like the 600rr. But that Repsol Rep is sweet. Do you use Repsol Lubricants? If you do, I'd say start one up!

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
get your name on the list ahead of time. sounds like its going to be pretty popular!

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
I wouldn't get the repsol rep...too flashy, and too many people are gunna go for that bike. It kind of takes away from all the bikes that have put $ and time into making their bikes Repsol Replicas.

It depends on what you're using the bike for. I'll be going with a 1000 if I ever get another street bike. Not having to shift up into 3rd or 4th gear between stop lights is actually really nice. I shift a lot on the street, because I don't like running high RPMs (on the street). But that's just me. It'd be a tough choice between the Yami R1 and the 1000RR, or maybe even a nice used or left over 954. But probably the 1000RR, since I would run it at the track too

·
Registered
294 Posts
Repsol if they would have won this year but now why do I want a rainbow colored bike and pay more for it. two pennys

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
no way man!! the repsol is badass, but the kawasaki zx10r is the way to go. my older bro has one and it's killer.

Meddiepie954rr, just to let you know, all of the magazine tests show the zx10 is the best at the track, too!!

if i was getting a 1000, that's where i would go, hands down, no second thoughts. i've ridden that thing and there's no way to describe the power that thing possesses. :shock: i love it. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
and just to let you guys know, i'm a honda lover, and always will be, but the zx10 is the only bike that could take me away at this moment if i had my choice.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I think I would go with the 1krr if it was me, but I'm not really big into the repsol replica bike. A bit too orange for me. But that is why they make more than one color.

·
Registered
932 Posts
CraigeRR, the Repsol 1000RR is definitely sweet. However, have you thought of the replacement cost for plastics should they get scratched? You might want to pick-up a non-Repsol 1000RR instead.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya, i love the all-black R-1. Kinda reminds me of my all-black 600RR that i sold. It is a very close toss-up between that R1 and the Repsol 1000RR but my buddy that i ride with all the time as an '04 silver R1 and i'd like to have a different bike than him so that's why
i'm leaning towards the Honda, plus i love Honda!!!

·
Registered
704 Posts
CraigeRR said:
Ya, i love the all-black R-1. Kinda reminds me of my all-black 600RR that i sold. It is a very close toss-up between that R1 and the Repsol 1000RR but my buddy that i ride with all the time as an '04 silver R1 and i'd like to have a different bike than him so that's why
i'm leaning towards the Honda, plus i love Honda!!!
THEN GET IT! GET IT!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
you're gonna be going down the road, see a 10r, *try* to race him, find that you can't even catch him, and suddenly you'll find yourself wondering why you didn't get one.

they come in all black, too!! ;-)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya, but i figure the 600RR had enough power to keep me happy, i'm sure the 1000RR will be plenty. I don't race down the street anyways. By the way, how's the helmet i sold you? Hope all is good.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
the helmet is awesome man! i love the thing. actually fits my tiny ass head. lol.

well, as long as your happy with the 1000rr, i'm just trying to say the 10r really is a great *street* bike, and an even better track bike. really comfy, not too loud, plenty of power, and great styling. gotta love the 1000rr though. they're both just sexy.

although, i've never actually ridden a 1000rr, just a zx10r. maybe things'll be different if i ever get to ride one. ;-)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts