Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2nd day with my upgraded camera had a d40 before, new body is d80 with 17-50 2.8 lens i love this lens!!!

havent ridden out in the twisties in a couple months, hence the chicken strip :( had to put that in just incase someone mentions it, last couple months just been commuting since gas is outrageous

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Sweet snap shots man how much did the awesome camera run you ?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
nice pics and bike.

i just got a dslr ( d40 ) didnt get to clean the bike and take pics though. cant wait till i do though

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
That is a decent price what about the lens ? If i buy me a D40 or a D60 would the lens that come standard with the camera be good enough or would you suggest an upgrade to a different lens and if you do what would be a decent one quality and price wise
Sorry to be asking too many questions and thanks for the info and your response

·
Registered
702 Posts
Buy a super expensive camera --> take extreme closeup shots of your bike....

so cliche.

And I didn't know there was such a thing as a vanity plate for a motorcycle.

Nice pictures, anyway.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have the 2.8 lens also and you will take some great pic's with it. save your money and and get the 70-200 mm 2.8 len you won't be dissappointed

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Nikon 70-200mm f2.8G ED-IF AF-S lens is way out ot my range

·
BOTM 06/2008
1,383 Posts
Moe, a D60 is maybe not a good idea to buy yet. It's still pretty new on the marked, and slightly overprized. I'd go for a D80 or D40X. You can get those with a kitlens for an awesome prize.

If Canon; EOS 40D with 17-85 IS USM with the current cashback campaign is more or less unbeatable prize/value :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
NIce pics and nice bike man! BTW....The chicken strips don't look live they've been touched at all....unless you've just gotten your tires and have not broken them in yet....Had to since this has turned into a camera thread....which I love the advise too btw.

·
BOTM 06/2008
1,383 Posts
Moe, yes, thats the one :) It can be bought with various "kit" lenses. But I see the canpaings in USA is diffrent than in Europe. However, no matter what, you can get this excellent camera with a nice lens for a good price now cause it's not the latest on the marked. But it's still the best prosumer camera Canon can offer.
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-40D-Digital-28-135mm-Standard/dp/B000V5QV4S/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1213826492&sr=8-1
this is a good kit lens. Very usable.
I'm sure Nikon has some very good offers aswell with the D80.. cause it's also an older model.
It's better to take an older but bigger model with a better sensor rather than a newer smaller model, with a few megapixels more... you have no use of it.
for instance D80 eats D60 prize/value :) hope it makes sence hehe.

·
BOTM 06/2008
1,383 Posts
Thats actually is a tough call, cause that new intro model canon has allot of features for the future, and it goes a little againts what i said before. The canon is a smaller body, made in plastic rather than alu.. however it's much more hitech than the D80.
I'd probably go for the Canon cause the kit lens is also very good for the price. It seems at the cheaper end SLR's Canon offers a bit more than Nikon, but in the higher end D300 and up, Nikon offers more than Canon.

·
BOTM 06/2008
1,383 Posts
Then again.. the price diffrence from the XSi to 40D is not much either. I chose the 40D for myself last time I upgraded. go to the shop, and hold it in your hand in comparison to XSi and 80D, and you'll understand. also 6,5 FPS shooting is nice when you shoot trackdays :)

But, i'd take the XSi over the "a bit outdated" 80D.

80D with a VR lens is however outstanding beginners SLR, with a better housing than the Canon XSi.

SORRY FOR THREADJACKING! :) :((

1 - 20 of 43 Posts