Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what some of the experience people think of this.

I currently am on a suzuki gs500f, been riding for little over a week now with approximately 1100 miles under my belt. Anyways my plan was to keep this bike for awhile but then i found a pretty good deal on a 09 600rr and am pretty sure I am going to buy it.

My question is this a good idea? I feel comfortable riding so far, mostly city streets, and ive been conservative with speed etc. Not really the type to need to push the limts, just enjoy the ride.

Now im sure uve heard that line before someone gets on a supersport but anyways, is handling on these things tough? I got on a friends gsxr 1000 and was blow away by how different it felt.

·
Registered
395 Posts
A week is not enough time to get comfortable with any bike, i think you should hold off for now unless you really think this is the best deal you've ever seen. Practice more with your gs and get better on it before you move up. and yes it will handle different but it is not tough at all. IMO since you already got a bike, learn on it then worry about getting a new one down the road

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Well if you found a smokin good deal on a 09 then i think you should buy it but if its one of those deals that you come across once a week then you can hold off. you said you were going to keep the gs so just buy the new bike and ride the gs till you feel comfortable with the cbr when you rode the gsxr were you scared of it???

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
One week huh? In two weeks you should be Rossi... :bitch:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One week huh? In two weeks you should be Rossi... :bitch:
haha good funny response because i just bought that gp-tech 5 continents helmet hahaha.

But thanks for the responses guys and i believe i understand you all. I feel comfortable on the gs, but by no ways skilled. Comfortable meaning I enjoy the ride but still knowing my experience is below average.

Im glad no one here said "hop on it, its no sweat," If i buy this bike im ganna bring it to a shop, have it worked on /repainted which should take 2 weeks so atleast ill get some more time on a less powerful machine.

thanks again for the time,
-mixiesftw

·
Registered
353 Posts
It really depends on the person so it's hard to really have an opinion on the forum.

The day that I bought my 09 600 new from the dealer was the first day that I'd ridden a motorcycle on the street outside of the MSF class. However, I'm not someone that has a hard time learning something new and I've lived through the "I'm Invincible" stage. It would have also been a complete waste of money for me to buy a 'starter' bike at this point.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Depends on you. I would say stay with the gs 500 for now. There is alot more to learn then just riding down city streets. What to do in certain situations, and also what not to do. Also, if its your first bike you could possibly drop it. And I would personally wrather drop a gs 500 then a 09 600rr.

Just because you can upgrade doesnt mean you should, chill out ride the gs500 and have a good time. You will thank yourself later.

·
Registered
278 Posts
My 1st bike was Vmax 1200cc 150HP, never had any problems with riding. 600 pounds ,mean son of a bitch that was. Depends how you feel like. Maybe test ride it. It don't matter if you ride 250cc bike for 5 years, self control and defensive riding will save your ass.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My 1st bike was Vmax 1200cc 150HP, never had any problems with riding. 600 pounds ,mean son of a bitch that was. Depends how you feel like. Maybe test ride it. It don't matter if you ride 250cc bike for 5 years, self control and defensive riding will save your ass.
[email protected] mean son of a bitch that was. To OP I'm sure you will be fine on any bike just take it slow learn the bike.

·
Registered
68 Posts
unless its a smokin deal, no...

no one here wants to see you wreck an 09 rr

If it is a smokin deal you can afford both, get the rr and set a goal before you ride it.

I got my rr after a new rider murdered it, take your time.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I know what you mean man, I rode my buddy busa once. After I got off of the bike I was like I'm good lol.
Theres nothing like driving a school bus...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Its up to the person. My first bike after the MSF course was my current 600RR, its a fun bike but you just gotta be careful and respect the power. It'll take an hour or so to get used to all the controls and power

·
Registered
30 Posts
Definitely a week is not long enough to really learn how to ride. Yeah you may be able to let the clutch out and ride normally, but you have to take into consideration the type of riding you need to be able to perfom in emergency situations and might not feel comfortable on a bike of this caliber yet...just my 2 pennies

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so I decided to go with the deal, bike had only 150 miles and price seemed great. anyways drove a few hours today, fingers are killing me haha but love the ride, taking it slow as you all recommend and definately can understand about knowning how to perform emergency maneuvers. I kinda jumped the gun on this because of the ABS feature which was what ive been holding out for. Hopefully it all works out, and I keep my speed normal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts