1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
RIP DOC :(

·
Registered
238 Posts
So sorry to hear, RIP. I'm sure we all shared our experiences with focking cagers cutting or merging onto us, sometimes, it's just not enough time to react, like our dear doctor friend here. May we all ride safe and watch out for them focking careless cagers.

·
Registered
569 Posts
we're a crazy bunch all.... my condolences to the family of the one's that went out... i've seen a lot here on this site and i'm new here.. on the average.. just on this site - 2 loss of life in a day.. way too much all.... not all the bike riders fault.... well, we can't get it all back now but for those who are still riding - we all know it but i'll say it again.. ride safe all...you can have all your armor and whatever you have but man... as i said. we're a crazy bunch.. we see it.. we know it but we ride.... condolences and sympathy to the family that lost their family member..

take care all

·
Registered
124 Posts
a buddy on my team got ran off the road by a ups truck while he was on his bicycle, the truck actually sidesiwped him, the harsh thing is he didnt stop!
i talked to UPS guy and he called right away to his boss and informed him, apparently a rookie driver hit my friend then panicked and went back to base! admitted everything, but hes getting in shi for not stopping.

my buddy got a niccccce deep road rash on his arm but his helmet took most of the fall. this all happened last week so i wonder now that i told the ups guy my friends name and number, i wonder what will happen now??

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think that one day all bikers in major cities need to park their bikes on the side of the road and hold up huge signs that says "LOOK OUT FOR US!". Maybe after that people will begin to notice and think about our safety.

·
Registered
95 Posts
RIP

I was talking to a guy the other day. He had commented on my RED attire. Stating that it went with the bike well. I told him thats not the only reason I wear it. He looked at me kinda dum, and I said "so people see me better" He continued to look at me like a deer stuck in headlights. I said have you ever went to pull out of an intersection and realized you had almost missed seeing a motorcyclist, or worse pulled out in front of one? And he lit up,, yes come to think of it he knew exactly what I was talking about. And no he never rode a bike. People that don't ride, think all they have to look for is a big *ss car or truck. And frigen delivery drivers are always in a hurry, this probably happens all the time. :(

·
Registered
541 Posts
One thing ive noticed is that Motorcycle riders get into less car accidents because we are used to trying to save our own ass most of the time. We might crash more bikes, but thats just part of it, but when it comes to driving something with 4 wheels or more we just have that extra set of eyes

1 - 20 of 21 Posts