Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Good write up for all of us street riders. A lot of it is common sense, but as we all know, some people are definitely lacking in that dept.
Nice find. :thumbup: Thanks.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Very good read man thanks for finding it. Is something that we can all get something out of.

I'm not in a large city very often so I find myself forgeting alot of things like this when I do ride in.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Riding in this morning made me remember something that should be mentioned. Whenever I have a car that may or may not turn in front of me, I'll weave the bike back and forth in the lane. Much like when you warm your tires up, only not as drastic. My theory is that the human eye is keen to motion. Moving the bike and the headlight makes me feel like I'm givng myself a better chance of being noticed by the other drivers.

Who else has tips on getting noticed?

Tim

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Cool, did my first commute this morning and saw some guy on a bycicle get munched by a bus, just took his back wheel off the bike, threw the guy over the handle bars, nice. Anywho, good tips there.

·
Registered
502 Posts
ALWAYS, ALWAYS. ride with my highbeam on..when i see the person driving in front of me adjust there mirror,because my light is bothering them, that lets me know they know im there!! good write up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sometimes you get too much attention...back in spring a week or so after I picked my bike up from the dealer I was casually riding home and there was a guy in car next to me staring at my bike. He ended up running into the back of another car :S I felt bad for the rest of the day even though I don't think I did anything wrong hehe

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
v0rt3x said:
Sometimes you get too much attention...back in spring a week or so after I picked my bike up from the dealer I was casually riding home and there was a guy in car next to me staring at my bike. He ended up running into the back of another car :S I felt bad for the rest of the day even though I don't think I did anything wrong hehe
The only thing you did wrong was hanging out beside a driver that wasn't paying attention to the road. Next time I would advise to move away from a driver like that. What if he looked up, saw the car in front of him, and then swerved into your lane to avoid the crash? He could have run over you. I'm not condeming you by any means. Just giving you food for though to stay safe. ;-)

Tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts