1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
795 Posts
Bad deal all around. Haven't heard of any fatalities, which is good, just an officer injured. Hopefully not too bad. here's to full and speedy recovery.

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The next American Revolution has started!
I wish!

Just heard on the radio that it started with a car chase that ended by the capitol when the guy got out of his car and shot the cop that was chasing him. I don't think it was actually on the capitol grounds

·
Registered
3,325 Posts

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just read that the shots were only those of the officers. A woman was actually trying to ram the White House hate with her vehicle and the cops open fired while on pursuit. The officer injured, was not injured due to gun fire.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/10/03/washington-capitol-put-on-lockdown-shots-fired.html

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
already conflicting stories lol... that's why I don't usually pay attention to the news for details

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Tried to ram the gates with a black infinity. Crazy! And she had to know she was going to die, and put a child in danger. Man.... Mental health screenings anyone?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
51,147 Posts
WTF is Dis World coming 2

·
Registered
2,005 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
We need it, Obama says that the only way to end the shutdown is to do what HE says. No meeting part way, no negotiations.

What are the republicans offering as a compromise? Because all I've seen is that they'll end the shutdown if the dems agree to defund and/or delay implementation of the ACA. That is NOT a compromise. Unless the repubs WANT the govt to stay shutdown, which I think they do.

In fact, I'll do one better. Below is a link to a letter that a republican senator sent to Speaker Bohner way back in August where he actually encourages using the power of the purse to try to defund Obamacare. In the aforementioned letter, Senator Meadows urges Bohner to include the defunding of Obamacare in any and all appropriations bills. He also goes on to mention a quote from James Madison that references the "power over the purse" as "the most complete and effectual weapon for obtaining a redress of every grievance". If that's not an endorsement of a govt shutdown just to get what they want, I don't know what is.

http://meadows.house.gov/uploads/Mea...fundLetter.pdf

Why would Bohner agree to this? Because 80 out of the 237 (I think) repub senators in the house signed the letter. Bohner needs all 80 of them, along with all the other repubs that didn't sign it, to pass anything. That's why he agreed to it. That, and so they can use it for their next election in their heavily conservative districts as a talking point.

President Obama has offered to compromise. He wants a clean bill passed to end the shutdown and then to sit down and negotiate over spending, obamacare, etc. separately like the separate issues that they are. It's just dumb to tie peoples jobs, paychecks, and livelihood to their desire to do away with the Affordable Care Act. And in the end, it's all for their primary battles they'll face in the midterm elections in their heavily red leaning districts. They need that talking point to emphasize that they did all they could to end the ACA.

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What are the republicans offering as a compromise? Because all I've seen is that they'll end the shutdown if the dems agree to defund and/or delay implementation of the ACA. That is NOT a compromise. Unless the repubs WANT the govt to stay shutdown, which I think they do.

In fact, I'll do one better. Below is a link to a letter that a republican senator sent to Speaker Bohner way back in August where he actually encourages using the power of the purse to try to defund Obamacare. In the aforementioned letter, Senator Meadows urges Bohner to include the defunding of Obamacare in any and all appropriations bills. He also goes on to mention a quote from James Madison that references the "power over the purse" as "the most complete and effectual weapon for obtaining a redress of every grievance". If that's not an endorsement of a govt shutdown just to get what they want, I don't know what is.

http://meadows.house.gov/uploads/Mea...fundLetter.pdf

Why would Bohner agree to this? Because 80 out of the 237 (I think) repub senators in the house signed the letter. Bohner needs all 80 of them, along with all the other repubs that didn't sign it, to pass anything. That's why he agreed to it. That, and so they can use it for their next election in their heavily conservative districts as a talking point.

President Obama has offered to compromise. He wants a clean bill passed to end the shutdown and then to sit down and negotiate over spending, obamacare, etc. separately like the separate issues that they are. It's just dumb to tie peoples jobs, paychecks, and livelihood to their desire to do away with the Affordable Care Act. And in the end, it's all for their primary battles they'll face in the midterm elections in their heavily red leaning districts. They need that talking point to emphasize that they did all they could to end the ACA.
this isn't a republican vs democratic topic... This is about the crazy motherfucker who caused a rukus in Washington DC today by driving her car into the barricades by the White House

plus you already made almost the same exact post over in the goverment shutdown thread :poke:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts