Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Getting ready to book our tickets for moto GP, was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to stay, whether to get the parking pass, paddock pass etc. I don't want to waste money on stuff that isn't worth it and most importantly, don't want to miss out on anything that is a must see or do. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys, hopefully see you there

DF

·
fall down 7times get up 8
1,479 Posts
Hey all,

Getting ready to book our tickets for moto GP, was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to stay, whether to get the parking pass, paddock pass etc. I don't want to waste money on stuff that isn't worth it and most importantly, don't want to miss out on anything that is a must see or do. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys, hopefully see you there

DF
see if blue sky in carmel valley has openings. or maybe camp on top of fox hill if you're up to roughing it for a few days.

http://www.blueskylodge.com/

for sure get a paddock pass :toothy4:

if you're on bikes get a bike parking pass. car passes kinda suck as they have you park then ride shuttles. w/a bike you can split to the front of the line & get in or out allot more quickly.

oh, check my home page. i've got pics w/ hayden,edwards,stoner & capirossi. & got valentinos autograph. nearly impossible w/out being first in line @ some autograph signing

·
Ride Red
252 Posts
there are a lot of hotel's in the area. it's probably impossible to get a room down on cannery row now, as they are probably all booked. you can try and look at some along munras in monterey, its real close to downtown monterey where there are some bars, restaurants, etc... if you are looking for a cheaper route, try marina, watsonville, or even santa cruz (a 15-45 min ride from the track).

and definitely get both the paddock and parking passes.

i live in monterey, so if you have any more specific questions just shoot me a pm!

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
nice work , also PM thingamajiggs, he was hooking up the dotnett whore team goes to Seca!!! there are stand seats we have all together and then get ya own paddock passes etc!!! gunna be great!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you ride your bike, your in and out pretty quick. If you drive, you park at the college and jump on a shuttle. This works WAY better than the years before when you parked at the track. 3 to 4 hours just to get out. Sucked ass, but I was on my bike. :)
I did the shuttle thing last year. It was pretty nice.

·
Registered
583 Posts
like everyone is sayin, get a room or camp on the track, in 06 i stayed in salinas and it was about a 20-25 min drive. last year was camping on the track, and this year i got a room in pacific groove which i think is the next city west of monterey. plus rooms going for 300+ a night and i think the motel 6's are all booked.

·
fall down 7times get up 8
1,479 Posts
Is it worth doing a parade lap?
no!?!?
probably not worth your time

you are required to stage significantly earlier than just grouping together & going out on track. they also check over your bike & all documents to insure it's legal. the speeds reached will be extremely limited. it REALLY is a simple parade lap. basically a slow somewhat scenic stroll of laguna.

if @ all possible do a trackday & this is very important
BRING STOCK EXHAUST when doing trackday @ laguna. they limit decibels to 92 maximum. if you get black flagged for sound more than once you're done for the day.

·
Ride Red
252 Posts
like everyone is sayin, get a room or camp on the track, in 06 i stayed in salinas and it was about a 20-25 min drive. last year was camping on the track, and this year i got a room in pacific groove which i think is the next city west of monterey. plus rooms going for 300+ a night and i think the motel 6's are all booked.
there are a ton of little hotels in pac grove, its where i actually live. maybe check some out that are on asilomar ave, or even on lighthouse (make sure its the lighthouse in PG, otherwise you're getting into monterey and the rates will no doubt be much higher.

If you stay on asilomar, you can have a nice cruise around the beach and it dumps you right on cannery row so you can check out all the bikes on friday/saturday afternoon and night

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
i wanna see the bike meet there on that friday but unfortunately i have work...damn...i'll be there on sunday watching and taking pics...

·
Registered
78 Posts
One of the best times I've ever had. "2006 Moto GP - Laguna Seca"

Just want to share some of my experiences:
Go prepared to do alot of walking: (take a camelback cause water gets expensive)

Get the Paddock pass cause you may run into a few people:

I had to stand out there for 3 hours for this autograph

cause if you wait too long then you will have to deal with ...just a few people:

with the pass you also get to see the teams at work:

·
Registered
78 Posts

take stuff or buy stuff to get autographed:

I tried to get some autographs from the little people but they were too fast for me:

·
Registered
78 Posts
stay till the end and you get to walk on the track:

if you take your bike out to California don't forget to ride hwy 9:

miles and miles of fun:

and half way through hwy 9 you run into the famus Alice's Restaurant:

were you find a bunch a cool biker folk with stuff like this:

be ready to find every accessory under the sun ... take wads and wads of cash:

I got my Shark Duhamel replica helmet for $399.00

Then the race ended like this:

·
Registered
78 Posts
My point is this and I'm not here to contradict anyone, cause we want to save some cash and we lookout for each other, I'm just saying this is one of those times you need to experience ALL of it.

my only regret is I didn't do the parade lap on my Duc and I didn't camp at the track.

I do know this, California is the most BEAUTIFUL states I have ever seen ... and when I get a chance I will be moving there.

Whatever you do you will have the time of your life. Have fun and see you there.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Oh yeah...and don't forget to visit the Ducati Island.

Many many many beautiful ducs:

and some cool bikes too........

wish I could show you guys all 3,687 images. (take a few memory cards for your digital camera)

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
yup highway 9 to 4 corners then 35 up to alices...alices got good food...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts