Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
03 throught 06 in my opinion are all the same plus or mius a few ponies and maybe a slight weight loss. if i were you i would just wait for the 07. i hate to say it but i like the gixxer 1k. but if i had the money and the skills i like the 06' 1000rr. but 03 and 05 are just about identical...

·
Registered
487 Posts
woods1892 said:
03 throught 06 in my opinion are all the same plus or mius a few ponies and maybe a slight weight loss. if i were you i would just wait for the 07. i hate to say it but i like the gixxer 1k. but if i had the money and the skills i like the 06' 1000rr. but 03 and 05 are just about identical...
Well I would beg to differ about the 03 and 05 600rr being identical. Yes there weren't many changes but the changes that were made are ones that make a big difference. Inverted forks, radial mounted brakes, better midrange, and the weight loss was actually pretty significant. But I am a trackday rider so to me those are big improvements. If you are just a street rider than maybe really doesn't matter. Then again if you are a street rider doesn't really matter what you ride in my opinion. Get what you like or what looks good to you, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Go and actually sit on the bikes to see which one is more suited for you. Opinions are just opions, don't buy something you're going to regret.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Anyone (I think) here will tell you that the Honda is gonna be more reliable than the Suzuki. If you can afford the 05, I would say go for that. There will be a significant price difference between say an 05 and an 03, so if that is an issue, go with the 03. It is still a good bike.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
unclepaulie said:
Well I would beg to differ about the 03 and 05 600rr being identical. Yes there weren't many changes but the changes that were made are ones that make a big difference. Inverted forks, radial mounted brakes, better midrange, and the weight loss was actually pretty significant. But I am a trackday rider so to me those are big improvements. If you are just a street rider than maybe really doesn't matter. Then again if you are a street rider doesn't really matter what you ride in my opinion. Get what you like or what looks good to you, that's all that matters.
I have an 03 and have ridden an 05 and an 06 and they are DIFFERENT. Paulies right, the difference is negligible on the street but hell, if you are going to get an RR, get the 06, or better, an 07.

Suzuki's are great but come on, Honda is known for DQR... Durabilty, Quality and RELIABILITY.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I definately love the feel of the RR. Its was far much more comfy than the Suzuki.

I was jsut considering buying a good used bike for my first for abround $4k then do the upgrades to make the bike par with the newer models.

I will be taking MSF course this month.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discombobulated said:
I definately love the feel of the RR. Its was far much more comfy than the Suzuki.

I was jsut considering buying a good used bike for my first for abround $4k then do the upgrades to make the bike par with the newer models.

You won't be able to make it 100% the same as the 05-06, but you can come close. I would just get the 05 if I were you. I have the 06 and was glad I got it. I don't like the 07 personally, but would consider it for the track if it turns out to be what we all think it will be. Forget the Suzuki.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discombobulated said:

good call on the msf course, however, you may be hard pressed to find a good RR for 4K. i know theyre out there, but most start closer to 5K. good luck with your purchase, theyre all good. ride safe.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Get the CBR

The 05 model lost about 12 pounds over the year before.
That's significant.

Better look on the upper front fairing as well in my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts