Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I have an 08 600 rr but I am wanting to get a track bike for next year. I found an 07 in my area for 5K but have a little reservations about it and some quetions for yall.

1.17K miles. Should I worry? Guy says he has changed the oil at least 4 times. He also said that it has had a 2 up rear sprocket on it since about break in and the mileage is off. Would that make it show more miles or less?

2. Guy hit a deer with it. Missing left headlight, mirrors, scratch on tail section, rear seat has a small rip, and engine case is a little scraped. I am not worried about the cosmetics as it will all be coming off for race fairings. He says it rides/ handles fine but I have not got a chance to ride it.

The thing is it is a good price with a clean title but I am not sure what headachs might follow. If I can get a 07/08 cheap enough then that would be optimal because it would be the same as my street bike but if I have to I will go older. So what do you all think?

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
What kind of oil did he use? Should have been changed more than 4 times...

more importantly, whats the price?

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
I wouldn't buy that bike for $5k, maybe $3.5k. If you look around hard enough you'll get a better bike for a steal price.

·
Registered
810 Posts
What kind of oil did he use? Should have been changed more than 4 times...
WHY should this be changed more than 4 times!
The mileage is 1170m !

kosai03 said:
Have the valves been checked yet?
WHY would you check the valves on this bike? The Honda INSPECT is at 16,000m
& unless this was a RACE BIKE 'Track ONLY' you wouldn't bother.
This is unlikely due to having
1. all the plastics still on.
2. Having all the lights still on the bike.
3. The guy says he hit a deer.

Drake9 said:
Guy hit a deer with it. Missing left headlight, mirrors, scratch on tail section, rear seat has a small rip, and engine case is a little scraped. I am not worried about the cosmetics as it will all be coming off for race fairings. He says it rides/ handles fine but I have not got a chance to ride it.
So on the basis that you want this to be a track only bike you don't care about the headlight, mirrors, scratch on tail section, rear seat rip - (to be removed anyway), and engine case is a little scraped - cured by a set of Woodcrafts
Offer him $4500 & maybe walk up a bit..BUT RIDE IT FIRST.

·
Registered
15 Posts
WHY should this be changed more than 4 times!
The mileage is 1170m !

WHY would you check the valves on this bike? The Honda INSPECT is at 16,000m
& unless this was a RACE BIKE 'Track ONLY' you wouldn't bother.
This is unlikely due to having
1. all the plastics still on.
2. Having all the lights still on the bike.
3. The guy says he hit a deer.

So on the basis that you want this to be a track only bike you don't care about the headlight, mirrors, scratch on tail section, rear seat rip - (to be removed anyway), and engine case is a little scraped - cured by a set of Woodcrafts
Offer him $4500 & maybe walk up a bit..BUT RIDE IT FIRST.
Huh? Bike has 17,000 miles, correct?

·
Registered
810 Posts
if its 17,000m offer him $4,000 cash as you are going to track it anyway so the miles arn't going to go up dramatically anyway.

It's a list
1.17k = 1) 17k

- jeez my english maths sucks....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it is a list and yes it has 17000 miles. So does anyone know what the 2 up on the sproket would do to the mileage? I know it would effect it but show more or less then actual. Yeah i have some time till next year so maybe I will wait.

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
Depends on when he changed the gearing. The mileage will be about 12% more from the time he changed it. I checked my valves at 16,500 miles and they were perfect. I am racing my 04' with 25K miles on her and she is still very strong. If the frame and suspension is straight, go for $4K. You are going to strip it anyway. I wouldn't even worry about the engine case until you wad it up at the track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts