Here's my prediction:

Hayden
Rossi
Capirossi
Edwards
Melandri
"Mini-me"
Stoner

Interesting note according to Mo-to-gp-dot-com. Hayden leads Rossi by 26 points. Over the last 7 races last year (around this time) Rossi scored exactly 26 more points than Hayden did.....

In other words, Hayden MUST win a few more races and podium every single race OR Rossi has to have a DNF or a few no podiums for Hayden to have a chance to win the points.

At least there is no more talk about Hayden not "winning" a race but winning the points :)

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
HAYDEN
COLIN
HOPKINS
KR
ROSSI
VERMUELEN
CAPIROSSI
TAMADA
MARCO
STONER
DANI

if we're gonna use this as discussion thread - please put "SPOILER"

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hayden
Rossi
Stoner

Pedrosa
Capirossi
Melandri
Vermulen

I'd love to see an all American podium, but I just don't expect it. Colin might try a bit too hard at home and muss things up. KR is going well lately, but I don't see him hitting the top 5 anyway, same with Hopper. Vermuellen might surprise, he's been here before in WSB right?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
yup... Chris V might be a surprise - his talent is amazing but the only thing that might hold him back is his bike... same with hopper - both riders have done fairly well this year but they need to get a better set-up and tire selection to last the whole race to be on the box...
im predicting Dani will crash out... he's never been on this track... i know colin will try his best to win... and you know rossi will just be there on top no matter what...
so hayden needs to get pole again, with KR behind him then rossi --- so hayden can check out... coz if rossi gets behind him from the start, rossi will just follow his lines and braking points and you add rossi's skills to that... hayden will not have a chance unless he checks out just like last year... dayam.. im freaking excited...
WTF is up with "live timing" with motogp - it keeps on kicking me out...

·
Registered
596 Posts
Play-money
1. Hayden
2. CEII
3. Hopper
4. KR jr.
5. Gibernau

Real-money
1. Hayden
2. Vale
3. CEII
4. Capirossi
5. Kenny the sequel

:pimp:

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
results FP1

KRJR
CEII
Stoner
Hopkins
Rossi
Melandri
Vermeulen
Hayden
Checa
Gibernau

you might wanna rethink your choices, looks like the aussies & the europeans aren't far behind in laptimes to the american riders they are all within a second of the first place rider.

will nicky be able to repeat his success last year? find out soon as FP2 continues this afternoon.

N

·
0 Posts
Too soon to tell. I always wait till QP to make my decisions. I've been 7 out of 9 in my predictions.

But for some odd reason I have this weird feeling Nicky's not going to pull it off this time.

John Hopkins is on a better bike than last year. Colin Edwards (though he's been struggling a lot this year) is definitely a contender.

However, I have a good feeling about Rossi. Still it's too soon to tell.

N

·
0 Posts
Oh yeah, don't forget Robert Jr. - definitely on a better bike than some factory rides.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nemesis said:
Oh yeah, don't forget Robert Jr. - definitely on a better bike than some factory rides.
My thoughts exactly, I say he top 5s. :iamwithst :sign10:

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I don't think Nicky will pull it off this year either, as much as I like the dood. This year, I think it'll be this:

1. Rossi
2. Kenny Roberts, Jr.
3. Colin Edwards
4. Nicky Hayden
5. Marco Melandri
6. Casey Stoner
7. Dani Pedrosa
8. John Hopkins
9. Shinya Nakano
10. Makoto Tamada

That's right... That KR Chassis is really coming together. And remember, it wasn't too long ago that KR, Jr. was giving Rossi fits. As far as the Americans are concerned, KR, Jr. is the veteran with the most experience. Now, he has the bike and it's coming on strong, thanks to Honda. But I also think Yami is going to give Rossi/CE the best bike setups for this weekend. CE is going to ride with a chip and won't make the same mistake he did last year with tire choice. Now, discuss.

N

·
0 Posts
sooperman12 said:
I don't think Nicky will pull it off this year either, as much as I like the dood. This year, I think it'll be this:

1. Rossi
2. Kenny Roberts, Jr.
3. Colin Edwards
4. Nicky Hayden
5. Marco Melandri
6. Casey Stoner
7. Dani Pedrosa
8. John Hopkins
9. Shinya Nakano
10. Makoto Tamada

That's right... That KR Chassis is really coming together. And remember, it wasn't too long ago that KR, Jr. was giving Rossi fits. As far as the Americans are concerned, KR, Jr. is the veteran with the most experience. Now, he has the bike and it's coming on strong, thanks to Honda. But I also think Yami is going to give Rossi/CE the best bike setups for this weekend. CE is going to ride with a chip and won't make the same mistake he did last year with tire choice. Now, discuss.
You must not have watched the DTK movie. They just can't hand the riders the best setups....haha That track is one of the hardest tracks to dial in your settings. It's a catch 22.

It's all up to the rider and choice of tires. I hope Colin Edwards learns not to go with a softer compound like he did last year.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I watched DTK. That's why I said I hope CE learned from last year. What I mean by giving VR and CE the best set up is that I think their bikes are a hair better than the Hondas plus you're talking about Rossi here. CE will have a chip, plus a better bike than last year. I think the chips are stacked against Hayden: new track, educated opponents, pressure to win, a curse laid on by Visitor Q, and an iffy bike (who knows if he'll get the Mugello bike or the Donnington bike)? Other than them, I don't know who else riding a Honda is going to contend against Rossi. Pedrosa, pssh; it's his first time. That's why I got KR, Jr. up there. Strong bike, experienced rider, doesn't give a flying freak who Rossi is... I think he's got the best chance to contend, outside a questionable Hayden.

N

·
0 Posts
zus600rr#388 said:
rossi
melandri
KR
collin
Hopper
pedrosa
caperossi

HAYDEN CRASHES!
I like that prediction except for Melandri. He hates that track and always crashes on that last turn.

I think Pedrosa may struggle with this track since he's new to it, however I think stoner may pick it up faster than Dani.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Dude, right? I think Stoner will pick it up faster than Dani too. You know, all the hype is on Dani because he's on the official factory bike, but it's Stoner that I think is the real talented one that's sneaky. He's more ballsy than Dani and in the end, that's what will make a champion. I don't think I've seen Dani pull a dramatic move all season. It's like his moves are totally calculated but low risk. Rossi is calculated too, but more than once in a while, you'll see Rossi pull out a move that's so brave. Stoner has that... I like Stoner. I want my bike to look like his!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts