Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered Exhaust for my street bike for the USA and was wondering if this message would mean that it has left the USA and is in Canada as I can not track this package past the boarder.

Your item left the United States from FOREIGN CENTERJERSEY CITY NJ 099 at 10:55 AM on March 2, 2009. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump for today

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
To me it sounds as if it's in-between US and Canada. International Dispatch, as in it's about to be dispatched internationally. When it makes the first check-in in Canada somewhere, it should show an actual location.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
You should try calling USPS. The ambiguity in USPS tracking is definitely a small price to pay compared to UPS's ridiculous brokerage charge model. I once bought an item for $80 on ebay and UPS charged $100 brokerage. I think there is/was a class action suit against them on that issue.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
You should try calling USPS. The ambiguity in USPS tracking is definitely a small price to pay compared to UPS's ridiculous brokerage charge model. I once bought an item for $80 on ebay and UPS charged $100 brokerage. I think there is/was a class action suit against them on that issue.
I find it hard to believe that based upon this schedule:

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html

It sounds like they overdeclared the value of the package to me.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I'm pretty sure that means that the package has been handed over to Canada Post... I've seen that message a few times.

That's only 1 of the 3 or so charges they charge you. Depending on the exchange rate $80 USD was most likely > $100 CAD, and along with other 2 fees you're definitely looking at > 70+ bucks in brokerage/customs fees for that item. UPS is well known for their highway robbery of Canadians.

Every time I've had something come from UPS across the border the brokerage costs were almost the same price as the Item itself.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts

Its nice to see they are now posting that information for customers to see. No joke, a few years back they would not disclose brokerage fees nor was there any calculator that one could use to estimate. A few lawsuits later it seems they have taken some action. The approach that USPS and Fedex takes (Fedex changed this more recently) is a simple $5 flat fee.

·
Registered
639 Posts
hard to say i know shipping through USPS tracking info really only updates when the package is already in your hands. Give it at least 5-7 days if still no package call the company or person you bought it from.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My advice, just be patient.
Having ordered everything I modded my bike with this year from the US, I'd say just lay back and relax knowing you aren't going to be getting a GD brokerage fee.
UPS screwed me for over $300 in BS brokerage fees so far. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Hey bro....heres my experience.

I bought my Jardine Dual from the states....and lots of stuff from Disco, and my dampner from GPR in San Diego.

Your tracking message means it's left the dispatch, and is on it's way to the border. It'll be held there for a few days, and maybe even up to a week. During this time the tracking message will not change, or it may say arrived at customs, which then will stay for a few days. You will then get it at your local post office if they get no answer at you door. Chances are your tracking message wont change until it says "attempted delivery, no answer", which they will do for 2 straight days, leaving notices stuck to your door each day. After that...pick it up at the post office using the sticky note they left.

As for fees, I paid $480 USD a while back for my Jardine, and there was no bill when I picked it up. 3 months later I got a tax bill in the mail saying I owed $100 CDN for duty, but again...nothing was said or charged when I picked it up (I was suspicious).

Hope this helps....but be patient, as I have NEVER had a problem with anything USPS.....yet?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts