Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I am new to the whole Inline 4 thing. I have almost decided on an 05 CBR600rr that I am getting from a local dealer for $8900 otd with a 5yr warranty. (is this good?)

I was hoping to get some of your opinions of the Honda. I have heard wonderful things about its reliability, and I have recently had some bad luck with a ducati. So, I am looking for a strong bike that can be ridden hard and still run like a top.

For those of you that have been on the other japanese bikes, why did you decide Honda?

I have always been a V-twin man. I have never sat atop a Inline 4. What should I expect? I have alway heard the v2 is King on the streets, but it seems to me the I4 is so smooth and light it should be easier to carve the corners.

Thanks for any input you can give me. I guess I am just looking for someone to tip me over the edge of buying a new bike.

phukaduc

some get to know me pics:

My cage and my crack-whore Ducati. This is what the bike looked like before catastrophic engine failure.

Fun on a 2fitty

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Welcome to the site. I have not had a performance v2 but some have on here have. Hondaf4iguy had/has not sure a rc51 I am pretty sure. The 600rr screams from 10k-15k and is a rush. This is my first sport bike and I ride it every chance I can. It is a great bike. From what I have seen the fit and finish is second to none and reliability wise I have not had a hiccup.

Good luck on you decision and hope you stick around for a while. A decision you won't regret if you make the plunge.

See if you can work them on the price a little. From what I have seen you should be able to do a little better. Look around.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Welcome to the site, bro.. Btw, I love the name. Sounds like you have some bitter feelings towards your last bike company. I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised how well these Hondas hold up. I'm on my 3rd CBR now (by choice) and I've never had any troubles with any of them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome to the forum... I have both a V-twin and a 600. I'm gonna say that my V-Twin is much more fun to ride when I am out to cruise and have fun. On serious twisties, my 600 is much more flickable, and handles better.

Both are performance bikes. My V-Twin is an Aprilia RSV Factory and the 600 is a CBR 600RR. In the twisties, the Aprilia is no match for my CBR, but if I have any straightaways, the power of the V-Twin will own the CBR.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
and engine braking...not much in comparison to the v2. welcome to the site. the RR is a great canyon and track tool. built to last generations... You have to be more cognizant of the rpms to make good time, below 8k you're putting along, above 8k its like warp drive.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Welcome to the site. What exactly happened to your Duc's engine and did you fix it? I have never had a twin, only I4's so I cant give you a comparison. But I have always wanted a Twin.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
welcome to the forums, not a bad price either. I got my new tribal 05' for like $9,081 OTD with the 5yr honda warranty and I also got them to throw in a Vega Monterey helmet and a Vega Nitro riding jacket and also got a nice assortment of cleaners and polish.

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Expect power to start at 10 k and not 5k. Had a suzuki but i love the way this thing handles much better than a gixxer. doesnt vibrate as much as a vtwin also. but then again many ppl do go with vtwins after having a i4

1 - 15 of 15 Posts