Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you favorite V-Twins out there? Pics or links?

My friend is looking into getting a twin. But doesn't want to go with a Ducati or the RC51. He's thinking of an SV650...

Anybody have a suggestion?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Parallel twin maybe? The Ninja 650 is a nice little budget ride. Looks pretty slick for a non supersport.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
My SV650 was my favorite street bike of all.

I modded the hell out of it.... :)

Street bike? Hell, it did pretty damn awesome as a track bike too....

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
ypu the guy that just won the f3 season here was on an SV sick little bike smooth power and sweet change of direction....

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
your buddy could probably get a good deal on a used buell. I've never ridden one on the track but they're a ton of fun on the street (i.e. XB9R, XB12R)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Butters said:
What are you favorite V-Twins out there? Pics or links?

My friend is looking into getting a twin. But doesn't want to go with a Ducati or the RC51. He's thinking of an SV650...

Anybody have a suggestion?
Here is my heart..My 600rr is going to replace my trusty RC51, but it will still be my heart.. 47,000 miles 21 trackdays, and still looks and runs like a swiss clock..:)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Visitor Q said:
I think the MV F4 is a twin or am I wrong?

http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/F4-1000_Tamb.html

Close to $43 grand but sold out.

Jason
MV is definitely an inline-four.

After riding many twins, the RC51 and Ducati 916 tie for my favorite engine of all time. They're pretty different, but each amazing in their own right.

I love the Aprilia engines too. My dad had a modified Futura with Mille velocity stacks, and Staintune straight pipes with a chip that would pull the front off the ground rolling on the throttle in 2nd.

I also have much love for the Superhawk. Very basic, but sounds great and can be had on the cheap.

I've only ridden an SV once, but it was enough to convince me that I'll own one eventually.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Hailwood said:
MV is definitely an inline-four.

After riding many twins, the RC51 and Ducati 916 tie for my favorite engine of all time. They're pretty different, but each amazing in their own right.

I love the Aprilia engines too. My dad had a modified Futura with Mille velocity stacks, and Staintune straight pipes with a chip that would pull the front off the ground rolling on the throttle in 2nd.

I also have much love for the Superhawk. Very basic, but sounds great and can be had on the cheap.

I've only ridden an SV once, but it was enough to convince me that I'll own one eventually.
Ok I was not sure, thanks for correcting me.

I got confussed as most all the other Italian bikes are twins.

Jason

1 - 20 of 43 Posts