Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here is the deal. My friend Tim and I are currently deployed to Iraq. Providing all goes well out here in the Al Anbar Province in the next month we will be coming home to 30 days of leave. We are planning a major vacation trip but are still tossing around ideas. Our original plan is to go to Australia, Sydney specifically, since neither of us have been. Then there was the idea of a carribean singles cruise (both single, but the thought of potentially being stuck on a boat with weird people for seven days is a bit un-nerving). Cancun and the Bahamas are always an option. Anyway, if you have been to Sydney let me know what it is like, or throw me an idea or place you have been where we can run around with our hair on fire.

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was in Iraq '03 and '04. When we had our leave, most people went home. But me and 4 other guys went to Germany for 3 weeks. The time of my life, let me tell you. Them German girls love Americans. It was a fun time, we rented a car (a new audi- beat the piss out of it) and seen a lot of the country - From Berlin to Hamburgh and everything in between. But, it was frustrating in the little towns, no one speaks english and it's hard to find out things. The autobahn is where it's at. We had the Audi bounce of the revlimitier at 142mph. ahhh. good times.

As for Australia, I have an aunt that is a travel agent and she has been EVERYWHERE! The two most beautiful places she has been were Australia and Alaska. She said Australia was a blast. Have fun where ever you go.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man,

I thought my suspicions were correct about Australia, but Germany definately sounds cool. However, I would undoubtedly get myself killed if I hit the Autobahn. I have done a bit of hunting in Alaska and it truly is the last frontier. Probably the most beautiful place on Earth. Who were you with during 03 and 04?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Spanish Island of Ibiza,San Antonio is the place to go when u get there,clubbing capital of the world,absolute insane place i've been there a few times when i lived back in England, my best mate is out there at the moment and the place is just crazy, it had the worlds largest club "Privilege" what a places that all i can say and all the best clubs in the world,trust me if your into that sort of thing and you want to go a bit crazy and forget Iraq for a while then you won't be dissappointed,anything goes there absolutley anything.

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/ibiza_clubs_i.htm

try that web site and see what you think.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I went to brisban Australia on deployment. Best time of my life. There is a place called the gold coast a short train ride away and it was party party every night. I would love to go back there.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
Go to Negril, or Ocho Rios, in Jamaica.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gents,

Thanks for the advice, looks like we are going to settle on Australia. Going to be doing a little coast tour from Sydney to Brisbane. Should be fun. Will post pics of all hotties encountered! Take it wasy!

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts