Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on vacation for about two weeks, ran fine before I left. Got back and it would kick but not turn over. I tried it a couple times a day for about three days. At least once, I smelt gasoline and figured I flooded it. I'd let it sit for an hour inbetween attempts. Eventually the kicking would slow down until it's now at nothing. It'll turn on fine, won't kick at all, won't click, nada. All that happens is the lights go off while I hold the starter down. Checked the battery, it's fresh and fine pumping 12.3 or 5v. I've seen a lot about regulators/rectifiers. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
It'll turn on fine, won't kick at all, won't click, nada.
Can you define these terms better... like starter is spinning but motor isn't starting. Or starter is just clicking.

Only because you have one problem but now it sounds like you have several. If the starter is spinning, batt is good, it wouldn't hurt to put in on a slow charger but that won't keep it from starting if the starter motor is turning fine.

Also the year of the bike will help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, kind of a grom.

it's an 03. I turn it on and I don't hear the normal whirling (f1 system right?). There's no sound. There was at one point kicking like it was gonna try and start but it'd never catch.

Now I turn it on,and the only thing that happens is the lights and dash pop up. Nothing else even attempts to do anything.

Anything other info you need?

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
sorry, kind of a grom.

it's an 03. I turn it on and I don't hear the normal whirling (f1 system right?). There's no sound. There was at one point kicking like it was gonna try and start but it'd never catch.

Now I turn it on,and the only thing that happens is the lights and dash pop up. Nothing else even attempts to do anything.

Anything other info you need?
Your fuel pump isn't priming. Is the kill switch in the off position? Cycle the kill switch on and off a few times and try again. If you flooded the engine just hold the throttle wide open while hitting the starter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts