Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, after a month of trying to figure out why my bike wont run at high rpms (5k-up) i've stumbled onto something.

A friend advised me to ride with the gas lid popped open. well i did it and a problems went away. So obviously a vacuum is being created in my tank. what could it be?

is there some sort of vent or something inside the fuel hose that could have been dislodged?

-Kyler

·
Registered
584 Posts
there is a vent hose that comes out of your tank and ends by your kickstand.
I bet you that hose is pinched/cloged.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no pinch or clog in the hose, i disconnected it and blew through it and theres no blockage.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you took your tank off to disconnect and blow thru it it probably got rid of a kink. Put back together carefully and should be fine.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, it was a breather hose issue, i just routed it differently than i had before, i also routed my fuel hose a little differently. works fine now. It's always the most simle thing

·
Registered
310 Posts
I remember back at redbud when RC was still riding for Honda. They couldnt get his bike started for like 20 minutes in the pits.. finally took it off the stand and it fired right up, breather hose was pinched between the frame and stand! See, it even happens to pros ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts