Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of the goods things of living in Spain is having the chance to go on track days to 4 MotoGP championship tracks...

Jerez de la Frontera
Valencia
Montmelo
Motorland Aragon

Well, I can cross out one of that list...

This Saturday went with some friends to Valencia's Ricardo Tormo Circuit, A.K.A. Cheste.

Huge track, super safe, super confortable... Had an amazing day.

During the first two runs, no problem... Knowing the track, reference points and so on... Third run... My bike slid... Ooooopsie!

It was a soft slid on a left curve, after I felt I went to pick the bike to get to the track again, brakes were frozen so I went to pit... Fixed the bike and went out for another 5 more runs...

The bike slid over the left side and then jumped over the other side... So I have rashed plastics on one side, broken ones on the other.

I have no injuries, not the slightest hit or bruise... My suit has a little rush and my glove too, nothing serious...

Good pictures:

Crash Secuence:

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Absolutely awesome!

Glad to know you went back out again after your fall.
Spain is definitely one of the best ever countries to spend time in for track riding. Why didn't you embed the pics in the post though? It would be much better than having to click on the links.

Also, the first four links are exactly the same picture, and so are the last four.

·
BOTM Winner 04/14
819 Posts
Nice! I was planning on a track day at Jerez, but when I added the costs up I changed my mind lol. Just out of curiosity, what kind of lap time is considered to be a good lap for amateurs, non-professionals in Valencia?

Sorry to hear that you crashed, but I suppose you being 100% is the good news. I hope you have the RR fixed up in no time.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holy crap... I'll try to fix the pictures...

If I want to embed them (which I prefer) I have to upload them one by one and its a real pain in the a$$.!!

Gconn... A couple of my buds which hit maybe 4-6 tracks a year are doing 1.55... My best time was 2.02... And the record is held by VR46 in 1.45 aprox.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 day... From 10 to 17

7 runs, 20 minutes each...

€ 155 track day + €20 insurance

Then sum all the extra costs... Gas, food, hotel... etc...

·
BOTM Winner 04/14
819 Posts
Just went through the jerez records . Superstocks 600s run at 1.47 so I would say 1.55 is really a good result!

I know the costs are high, but if you have a look at my video of the local track in my build thread, you'll know it's worth riding at a proper track lol. I kind of envy you guys :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last pictures of the crash... The forum wouldn't let me put them all in one post..

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So about $240 in US Dollars. I'm curious, what does insurance cover?
I don't know exactly... But its for personal injuries and normally covers more than 5.000€ in hospital expenses.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Whoa - I saw the first pic with your front turned so much and thought "how the hell is this not a crash pic!?" Sorry, I guess it was...

Sounds like you had a good time though and glad you and the bike are in good condition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts