Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, Roughly what would a full set of 2007 CBR600RR OEM Repsol plastics be worth in used but almost new condition (Real 9.5-10/10)? I'm new to sportbikes, google only brings up ads for aftermarket sets and I found nothing searching here.

Before I get offers, I don't own a set, but I'm looking at a buying a bike that has them, interested in what they are worth.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Like the title says, Roughly what would a full set of 2007 CBR600RR OEM Repsol plastics be worth in used but almost new condition (Real 9.5-10/10)? I'm new to sportbikes, google only brings up ads for aftermarket sets and I found nothing searching here.

Before I get offers, I don't own a set, but I'm looking at a buying a bike that has them, interested in what they are worth.
The '07 didn't come with OEM Repsol...AFAIK it was only '13, not sure about '14.

So yes, you have to get aftermarket.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts

There was no 2007 Honda 600rr Repsol edition so you do not have a bike with OEM fairings on it; the only official Repsol 600 was the '13 edition. So in answer to your question there is no "value" to the fairings as even the best Chinese sets are sub par quality vs. OEM.

In your case the better question is how much value is lost due to the Repsol fairings as 95% of the time aftermarket plastics are installed due to a wreck. My personal feeling is about 5-10% of the bikes value or about $250-$500 under what you'd normally pay for it if it was a light wreck; more opif it's damaged more.

However I'd highly suggest either taking a more experienced friend along for the searches or having a bike shop inspect anything you look at since you didn't know any of this beforehand and are seemingly uninformed with what you should be seeing when looking at a bike. You really do not want to be stuck with a shiny, freshly installed Repsol body work bike that's hiding a bent up, crashed bike underneath. The $100 a shop would charge could save you much more in the long run.

Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good thing I asked. Like I said, I don't own the bike nor the fairings, but was contacting a seller and he claimed the fairings were OEM and mint. I was unaware that there was no such thing as OEM 07 cbr600rr fairings.

I'm only interested in bikes with OEM fairings in good shape for all the reasons mentioned and they will be immediately removed and stored while I daily it with an aftermarket set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts