Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you need to adjust the valves on a 600rr. I am assuming that is what it is i hear a smattle rattle when i raise the rpms. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Honda recomends doing the first valve adjustment check at 16K miles

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
^^ ya 16k is what they say. that noise wont go away completely because Honda valve clearance specs are so wide that the slop results in that slappin sound u hear.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Does the rattle go away when you raise the rpm's? Because the Cam chain tensioner can make a rattle on heavy weight oil. It sounds like a bad lifter in a car.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
if u got a bad cam chain tensor and the cam chain is a lil loose it will also make a very noticable rattle when the RPMs are dropping after u rev it up in N.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The noise seems to quiet down when the rpms are raised. It also makes a noise when the clutch is released and when i pull the clutch lever in it goes away almost like a clutch chatter. Sorry guys but i dont know about honda i am on my first and it is alot diffrent from suzuki.

·
Registered
907 Posts
it's a VERY chattery bike.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
apbt600rr said:
it's a VERY chattery bike.

It just lets ya know its there. Lets ya know there are whirling, twirling parts inside that don't want to be forgotten. Sounds like my bike. No worries.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts