Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I’ve been reading on the web regarding the clearances and I’m pretty sure mine have not been done yet at 23k. Is there any tell tale signs they need doing etc

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah I understand,my bike garage is a long distance away from me,so thinking about having a go myself. He’s been doing bikes for years as well as racing and Ive not long got off the phone to him to ask about the clearances. He said there shouldn’t be an issue and the first sign they’ll need doing is if I start getting problems starting the bike. He said he’ll do a check for me,but until any starting issues I’d be throwing my money away?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
You don't need to fuss around with it if your bike is stock and you don't track. Manual recommend checking at every 16,000 miles. Your bike will still operate into the 50,000 or more without a hiccup. It's just not in its optimal condition the longer you delay it.

·
Registered
966 Posts
You don't need to fuss around with it if your bike is stock and you don't track. Manual recommend checking at every 32,000 miles. Your bike will still operate into the 50,000 or more without a hiccup. It's just not in its optimal condition the longer you delay it.
He meant to say the manual say 16k.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Checking them isn't hard. Replacing them takes a little more effort.

To check them you have to get all the front end fairings off, tilt the gas tank back, remove airbox, move the radiator out of the way, remove ignition coils and spark plugs, and take the cylinder head cover off. Then its a matter of lining up timing marks and measuring the right valves at the right time. Takes like an hour and a half to get to this part if you've done it before.

If you have to replace them, then you're talking about unwinding the cam chain tensioner, removing camshaft retainers and camshafts, then finally pulling buckets, measuring shims and ordering the proper replacement sizes.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bike is stock apart from a slip on,bike runs and pull very well so I may give the valves a check when I change the plugs,next thing to check is my cct as these are prone to sticking too I hear. Thanks for the input guys,really appreciate it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts