Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's pretty much it. Bike has ~20k miles on it. Valves have never been adjusted. Oil has <3000 miles on it. Oil level is good. Bike specs are in my signature. Why would they just click when the bike is cold and not when it warms up? I was thinking about putting some seafoam in my crank case, then changing my oil before actually checking the valves themselves.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
You are over due for a valve inspection... Get it done man

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are over due for a valve inspection... Get it done man
At the 16K service my mechanic told me he didn't want to waste MY money. He told me that I'd hear them when they were going out, and to bring it in then. If they were constantly clicking, I'd be at my mechanic already. I've never had valve problems on a vehicle before, so I'm trying to figure out if they're going out of spec or if an oil change will take care of this. The fact that it only does it when the bike is cold is what is a little confusing about this. I'm also not a typical 600 rider I hear constantly banging off the rev-limiter. I generally don't shift above 9K RPM, and most of my shifts occur between 6-7k. It doesn't burn a drop of oil, and I baby the **** out of this thing.

EDIT cause I just saw your signature. I spent some time in Ottawa/Gatineau. Poutine is delicious, and du Ciel is probably one of the best breweries in north america!

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Get your valves checked mate, there is a reason Honda tell you to get them done at 16k...

If one of them is getting a little loose the expansion of all the bits may be tightening it all up enough to make the noise go away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts