Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I searched and was wondering, Whats the purpose? Is it going to help alot? I am getting a pc3 and race filter, How much are they?

My search button must be broken cause I didn't really find the answers

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
my search broken isnt broken either but by my memory is even better.

velocity stacks dont do much for overall power but they do shift the powerband with a custom tune.

for pre 07 the easiest thing to do is take 2 sets cut them in half and only use the lengths that you want.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my search broken isnt broken either but by my memory is even better.

velocity stacks dont do much for overall power but they do shift the powerband with a custom tune.

for pre 07 the easiest thing to do is take 2 sets cut them in half and only use the lengths that you want.

I don't know what you just said?

·
Registered
29 Posts
i put a set on my bike and it felt a little quicker could be placebo but i swear it feels a little stronger in the mid range

·
Registered
152 Posts
Don't waste your money on trivial things like this. You will NOT see significant power gains with the velocity stacks. If you're looking for additional power and have the money go with the HRC engine power up kit, full exhaust, Power Commander, then get your bike on a dyno to have the a/f mapped properly.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I did the stack mod and didn't see anything like that.

Here's the before/after dyno tuning:

The bike feels perfectly linear on the road.
I'd say your wrong my friend... Esp. for the 12 dollars..
I'm not quite sure there is a better "Bang for your buck" mod out there to be honest....

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I don't know what you just said?
which part the part about shifting the power band or me laughing at you for not being able to search.
the graph shows exactly what i was talking about.

3hp isnt that much of a difference however notice that around 8K rpms there is a more of a gap between the lines is greater than the gap between the power lines under 8K.

the powerband was shifted so that there is more power over 8K now.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have an 05 with PC3, 2BRO, BMC race, and I did the stacks myslef, there is a Difference according to the butt dyno and its feels more responsive. it revs up quicker now and I think it was Def worth it. Hey u got nothing to lose. The 05-06 stacks are different from the 07+, so I dont know if your gonna get much gain in a 07+ since the long stacks were almost the same size as the short ones.

Hey sideroadslayer can u post a vid or clip of your bike, My next mod is the intake mod and I wanna hear how it sounds, Im close to ordering an extra set of tubes incase I mess it up. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts