Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for the vent hose to be wet even when the tank is less than half-filled? It's
venthose.png
a 2013 model.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Your overflow hose shouldn't be wet unless you recently slightly overfilled when getting gas or the bike was out in the rain and your gas cap seal seal is compromised (which isn't uncommon, and normal with non OEM gas gaps).

The hose goes to the top of the tank where the overflow hole is. Anything that drains into that hole should move through the tank and out at the bottom where that hose connects.

You can also get some seepage here if the tube that goes through the tank has developed a crack and allows gas to seep into it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your overflow hose shouldn't be wet unless you recently slightly overfilled when getting gas or the bike was out in the rain and your gas cap seal seal is compromised (which isn't uncommon, and normal with non OEM gas gaps).

The hose goes to the top of the tank where the overflow hole is. Anything that drains into that hole should move through the tank and out at the bottom where that hose connects.

You can also get some seepage here if the tube that goes through the tank has developed a crack and allows gas to seep into it.
I do park it in the rain and at the same time using lightech tank cap. Any idea if the oem gas cap seal can be used for aftermarket cap?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I do park it in the rain and at the same time using lightech tank cap. Any idea if the oem gas cap seal can be used for aftermarket cap?
Not familiar with your cap exactly but the non-locking caps I've bought have never worked with the OEM seals.

Your situation isn't necessarily a problem. As long as the metal drain tube that goes through your tank is good whatever amount of water gets through at the gas cap seal will just run out the bottom. This is exactly what that drain is made to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts