Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have met a lot of nice cop's but I'm really stewing over something that happened this past weekend.

So there we were riding up a state road in good ole Greenwood Indiana when a city cop blow's by a group of about 20 of us and stop's in the middle of the road. Mind you with NO lights on and gets out of his car and stops our little group. He has us all shut our bikes off; it's about 9 PM mind you and now we have a cop car without his lights on and our bikes with no lights on. Oh and this just happens to be a 3 lane road. So there is all kinds of traffic going by at about 45-55mph. He then proceeds to yell and lecture us about the way we ride (we meaning sport bike riders.) In his lecture he basically informs us that we're being targeted anytime we ride through his city. This went on for maybe 2 minutes and then he proceeds to get back in his car. So I rode up next to his car and asked him what we did. He tells me we did nothing but our friends are ruining it for the rest of us. I asked him what he meant by my friends as they are all behind me. Then he tells me that all we do is drag race and ride wheelies up and down this road and we should basically not come back.

I'm really pissed about this and the part that really ticks me off is that this was not an ordinary patrol officer this one was a liuetenant (sp). His last word to me was to spread the word to my friends. Then he took off and pulled into a parking lot where a group of riders were sitting I assume to give them the same lecture.

I'm further enfuriated by this because if they meaning the cop's see "us" doing wheelies and drag racing all the time then why arn't they pulling our asses over and writing tickets.

I mean it's pretty obvious he's convinced we're doing this all the time and he says where we are doing it. So get your little patrol out there and put an end to it, but don't be pulling over seemingly innocent groups of people in the middle of a 3 lane state road in an unsafe fashion..... I can feel my blood boiling right now, and I feel as though if I were to complain to the city of Greenwood all I would do is start some stupid sportbike riders vs the cops war which would do no damn good, but get me lots of stupid tickets. Maybe I'm reading too much into that part, but I'm still enfuriated

·
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef
2,009 Posts
Yeah, I had a similar experience to that once.... I feel your pain...

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use to do wheelies thru there..maybe hes looking for me :supz:
From my understanding it would be easier to list the places you didn't do wheelies rather than the places you did :yawinkle:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Just write an annonymous letter to the chief. Don't be emotional or use
profanity in the letter. Just be very metter-of-fact and expain the actions
of the officer. Most of all do not place judgement on the officer, just expain
the situation and end it with a "Cheif So-And-So, Just thought you'd like to know." Leave it at that. It might improve, it might not.
At least it brings it to the attention of his superior. It's not like the chief
can be there for every second and hears about every incident...especially
if a ticket is not issued. Just don't be surprised if patrol is increased on
that road.

·
Banned
433 Posts
In a Taiwan forum my friend wrote this:
Something I did see with my very own eyes this early late evening:

I was waiting at a traffic light (red, not green) at a busy cross roads where I noticed a police man on a scooter behind me indicating to turn right.
The lights eventually turned to green and it was my turn to go.
I started to pull off but at the last minute (as usual) a pillock riding a scooter decides that the red light doesn't apply to for at least ten seconds after everybody else has stopped.

Some angry protesers beeped their horn at the careless rider as he tear-arsed through the intersection on red.
Unfortunately some elderly pedestrians had already started to cross the road to my right and the rider of the scooter failed to stop in time - he literally powered into the innocent road crossers.

Because of the scooter crossing the intersection on red I was looking in my mirror to see if the cop behind would actually do anything. When I looked up it was just in time to see the collision.

This cop saw everything. There were screams from onlookers and screams from the victims as they were thrown through the air onto the tarmac. I rushed over to help and on my way over I was looking behind me expecting the cop to assist.

Nope.

His indicator was turned off and he drove straight across the road, looking to his left as if what had just happened before his very eyes was just a figment of his imagination. I tried to remember his registration number as I assited the old bloke who was flat on his back on the road but I forgot it in the heat of the moment.

The old bloke was alright and proceeded to whack the bloke who hit him over the back with his very own helmet after I helped him up. Every body else who was hit was fine too, which is amazing as the bike was going at least 30mph when it hit them.

Ahh Taiwan. Refuge in a world full of lawlessness, useless police forces, corruption and turmoil.
If you like that story you can find more of the same here: http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=25233&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

Be thankful that the police in America do their job SOME of the time.

·
Banned
433 Posts
I'm suprised this thread is allowed to contine....I was sure the "censor king" would've locked it by now to protect his poor workmates. And by the way natzis aren't a race...so insulting them isn't racist.

I would have put that comment where it belongs....but a certain mod has the habit of posting insults then locking the thread so you can't post back....or better yet...he posts insults..then when you reply he erases your reply. Fight with honor.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Mordeth said:
I'm suprised this thread is allowed to contine....I was sure the "censor king" would've locked it by now to protect his poor workmates. And by the way natzis aren't a race...so insulting them isn't racist.

I would have put that comment where it belongs....but a certain mod has the habit of posting insults then locking the thread so you can't post back....or better yet...he posts insults..then when you reply he erases your reply. Fight with honor.
HaHa......thats funny........................................................................
I see a locked thread in your future!!! oh yea and some more disappearing posts............ :roll:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Mordeth said:

Bro, tread lightly my man because I can sense the hammer coming down for these comments!....just let it all go!..cheers

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Mordeth said:

Mordeth, you are truly a moron. This thread was running along just fine until you post idiotic tripe like this.

I didn't have any problems with the opinions being expressed because they were being done so in an intelligent, polite, and coherant manner.

If you are looking to get yourself banned, you are on the road to victory.

And FYI, It's Nazi. An no, they are not a race, but they had RACIST ideals. Likening me to a Nazi is implying that I am a racist.

Grow up or find a new forum. This one obviously isn't working for you.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Wizard600RR, Amen, again u are on the ball. We don't need that crap here. Leave if u feel that way.

Honda4Life was sharing with us a story of what happened. He stated fact and not alot of opinion. He didn't come otu and say the cop was a stupid moron and that all cops should burn in hell because that's the kind of topics that we don't like around here because I have respect for police officers and a few of our members are police officers. If I were in his shoes I would be pissed also. But one bad apple out of the bunch doens't mean that they all must be rotten.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have much respect for members of law enforcement, and while every once and awhlie there is a bad apple, such is also the case in life. Otherwise we would have no need for facilities to contain them.

Heck you can even get a few bad apples on forums who from time to time rant for little or no reason at all. They sometimes take threads off topic and make wild baseless arguements about being persecuted or unjustly treated. They may even at times try to insinuate that other members receive favortism.

With that being said we must all keep in mind that while we as humans strive try to be perfect we are often not and usually further from that reality than we care to realize. Often times we will set standards that will not always be adhered to or may seem unfair at time's, but then again that's what makes us the dynamic beings that we are. IF we really wanted to be perfect, flawless and 100% just all of the time we would build some master race of robots to keep us in line. Until such time I'll keep enjoying life and accept the fact that we're not flawless and sometimes we all makes mistakes, but even then it doesn't necessarily make someone bad.

I always try to remember

judge not lest yea be judged thy self

But then again I'm not perfect and sometimes I start a thread like this one. Damn I guess that makes me human...

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
chillwill said:
Yeah that's some BS right there. I wish you could punch cops when they act like that.
What to say.............. Other than I hope this is some vain attempt at humor.

·
silent master
3,532 Posts
i know what you guys are talking about...but the thing is...i made a thread here before about my crash....

but it was deleted...now tell me..is that justified....all i said was the offduty cop that pulled right in front of me and caused an accident that made me say goodbye to my baby (04 b/s 600RR) was a dumbass stupid cop...its not towards anyone else...

tell me...is it justified to delete my thread..i didnt generalized my comment...just to that one particular cop...noone else...

i dont think it's justified....

anybody else agree with me??

i know everyone in that thread that got deleted agreed with me..except for one.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Theres always a few bad apples out there. I have a bit of trouble here in missouri. I've found that dealing with state patrol officers is 100% better then local police. Almost all the local police I've run into try and push me around and do stuff they just don't have the right to do and when I start pointing out my rights they just get agrivated with me and become real pricks.

I believe what that police officer did was stupid and illegal. I've always been extended a reason why I was pulled over, if there is no reason and they arn't arresting anyone your not obligated to stay. I wouldn't have stuck around. Then again I won't pull over for a police officer that doesn't have his lights on.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
panda_stunter said:
was a dumbass stupid cop...its not towards anyone else....
The reason in bold is why your thread was deleted. There is a method of venting about something without using durogatory words to enhance your point.

Your thread probably would of not been deleted had you said something like.

an off duty cop pulled right in front of me and caused an accident that made me say goodbye to my baby (04 b/s 600RR.) I can't believe a cop made this mistake.

You would of shown your frustration in a more acceptable manner and still gotten the point across of a cop making a mistake. My basic point here is that there is no difference between a dumbass mistake and a mistake.

Now with that said; yes we do have a sensitivity towards officers of the law on here, but I'd also like to think that we also do towards our military personel and fire fighters. We should show them a special sort of sensitivity when posting about them; since their jobs are all about sacrifice for the greater good of our society. So maybe when we want to rant about them we take a little extra caution as not to alienate the ones who do a good job and strive to make our society safe.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts