Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned 1 bike before, it was a 2005 Yamaha R6 the Raven.

I bought it brand new, i had never riding a bike before besides a moped... never used a hand clutch and so on.

I just took my time and never put myself in a spot i couldnt handle.

But long story short i let a friend ride it one night who has experence with quads and wanted to get a bike to ride with me. Well he totalled it and that was the end of my bike.

My local dealers are pretty redic i feel with there pricing and they will not budge... on cycletrader.com i found a dealer about 115 miles away willing to sell a 2012 red for $9,133. That is a pretty good deal isn't it? My local dealers won't go under 12k.

I haven't been able to find many mods for a 2012... most things i find are 2011 and under. Is there a reason for that ?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also i am sure it has been talked about here and i have searched and googled but havne't come up with much

has there been no info out on the 2013? When does Honda normally release there new models? I saw Kawasaki is releasing there's in about 4 days but i have never been much of a fan of there bikes.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Just an FYI the RR mods and upgrades have not changed much since the first generation RR came out In 2003 the bike itself had a very limited changes such as ABS brakes , paint schemes , ride height the rest is mainly the same so no need to look into specific mods for the 12 edition

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's pretty much the same bike. So I think 2011 mods will for the 2012.

IMO you should wait and see what Honda does for the 2013 CBR.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle
that is kind of how i feel but i always want a bike to ride for the next 2 months. And something to mod this winter.

There may not be info out but is there a release date at least for 2013?

·
Registered
403 Posts
2007-2012 are pretty much the same bike. Minor fairing change and Minor engine and ECU adjustments but not major revisions.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
only mods right off the start i would be interested in is a full exhaust and fender/lights

·
Registered
341 Posts
Full exhaust is an expensive mod. I know it's tough but I would wait for the 2013s.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so there isn't a date yet but its going to be this fall at least for the 13's?

it would be a shame to buy new and its redone

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
There hasn't been much mod for 2012 partly because everyone who knows bike anticipating the 2013 model. Like others have said, the mods are similar.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i am sure threads like this are comon around this time and thank you for your responces...

its a hard call because i want to ride for the next 2 months,

but if i buy a 12 and the 13's come out and are redone i would probably regret it

·
Banned
179 Posts
Even if the redesign is for 2013 you will probably be paying full price until later in the season or the following year when they have some left over stock. So if you can't wait until late next season or the following year just go ahead and get the 2012 deal for $9k or a clean preowned cbr600rr. If I were you do what I did and get an 07 or an 08 for cheap ($5500-$6500) and hold till the deals come through on the redesign the later in the next season or following year. Either way you'll love the cbr600rr, frickin awesome bikes. Honda bikes are thee best, imo.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Even if the redesign is for 2013 you will probably be paying full price until later in the season or the following year when they have some left over stock. So if you can't wait until late next season or the following year just go ahead and get the 2012 deal for $9k or a clean preowned cbr600rr. If I were you do what I did and get an 07 or an 08 for cheap ($5500-$6500) and hold till the deals come through on the redesign the later in the next season or following year. Either way you'll love the cbr600rr, frickin awesome bikes. Honda bikes are thee best, imo.
i loved my r6 i dont have a bad thing to say about it.

i am just picky about little things i do not like the exhausts on the side and the undertail exhaust is the winning factor for me with the 600rr.

I was also looking at the triumph daytona 675r, but i want the 600rr because i will have left over money for mods

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
i loved my r6 i dont have a bad thing to say about it.

i am just picky about little things i do not like the exhausts on the side and the undertail exhaust is the winning factor for me with the 600rr.

I was also looking at the triumph daytona 675r, but i want the 600rr because i will have left over money for mods
Coming from an avid RR 's (03 & 07 ) owner I sure love my Miss18RR she is one sweet exciting ride :cruising:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts