Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of friends of mine, wanted to make a stunting video, being one of them is in movie production. They wanted me to be in it, because of the squidish things i used to do on my R6! well i said Hell No!!! It is illegal, and I am already suspended for that ****. They came to me today and said all we have to do is find a parking lot were the owner will let us sighn a waver of liabuility. and you can legaly ride "off-road" so i said well i cant, becuz the RR is not a stunt bike. they said we have an r6 for you to use. I said well let me think about this.

Is there any way of going about doing this, legaly???

Any suggestions?

Tim

·
Registered
369 Posts
i dont know dude...

advice - dont do things your uncomfortable doing..

if it does not "feel" right, then dont do it.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Yeah, I dunno either, but if you decide to, let me come watch...it just so happens that I have a 954, homie ;-)

·
Registered
700 Posts
you could do it in the wal mart parking lot if the manager gives you the ok, alot of the local kids have burnout contests here in the parking lot because the store manager doesnt care, and i have seen the cops just sit and watch

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
mule-madness said:
meddiepie, get rid of that damn thing already... how are you going to get a 600rr if you keep ridin that thing... jk... ;-)

Haha, I've only ridden it once since I wrecked my brother's bike...I don't wanna ride it, because I'm scared that I'll go down, and won't be able to get as much for it...but I think we're really close to selling it, my dad's boss's friend is looking at it, so whoopie! I'll get to saddle up soon!

And Tim, seriously, I would want to watch you stunt an R6...you should hit me up for sure when you guys are gunna do it...I haven't been able to get in on much of that stuff...so hit me up.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Traffic laws other then DUI do not apply to private property
I was about to say the same thing. Here in Ohio, the only tickets you can get in a parking lot are Fire Lane Violation and Handicaped Violation. Although I'm sure they would want to have a chat with you if they saw you pulling a high chair or something.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I would make sure the highest authority of the location was cool with it and get it in writing.

the only tickets you can get in a parking lot are Fire Lane Violation and Handicaped Violation
If the owner does not condone your activity, you can get wreckless endangerment, disturbing peace, trespassing etc....

Maybe that is just Virginia, but you cannot do 60mph through a parking lot with out getting a ticket. If you cut through a parking lot, the fine is $5 for every line you drove over and court cost.

I can think of a lot of tickets you can recieve in a parking lot.

·
Registered
932 Posts
As long as you are in a private parking lot and you have the permission of the owner (or manager) of the private property, you will be OK. However, it should be stressed that a verbal "ok" is insufficient. Be sure you get a signature on a sheet detailing what exactly you are going to do, including a list a stunts and what-not. Also, you need to make sure that there is ***nobody else*** in the parking lot when you are doing this, because if anything goes wrong, you set yourserlf up for a civil suit. This is a lot of effort to go through so you might just want to let it go.

·
Registered
584 Posts
It would be best to check with local PD just to be sure as it differs from state to state. In Texas where I grew up, the cops could do nothing on private property unless the owner complained. Here in NC, its the same. We have a bike/car night every Wednesday at a local pool/beer/pizza joint and the cops hang out and jsut watch the stupidity. The owner of the area would never think about calling in a comlpaint because he has an average of 250+ customers on Wed nights and maybe 30 the other 6 nights of the week. They will nail you if you act like a fool leaving though. Just something to look into.

·
Registered
937 Posts
From a video producers point of view (that I am, a paying hobby of sorts):

You should get an agreement singed by someone with authority at the location, it should be very thorough, (for example) state the following:

- what time you will arrive, what time you will begin riding (differentiate camera setup time, to actual roll tape time)

- what time you will be leaving

- the producers have the right to bring in the people necessary to film the video. (if you arrive at the shoot with 50 people, the owner won't be surprised)

- the owner of property is held completely free of liability to bodily injury or property damage to anyone or anything involved with the production. (a broken wrist, and busted bike)

- the producers will be responsible for repairing anything damaged by the video shoot. (a cement barrier, and knocked over pole)

- the producers will clean anything soiled by the video shoot (spilled oil, broken plastics, etc)

- there will be no identifying images captured on video: logo’s, distinctive color schemes, building’s, etc (you don’t want backwards red “K” on the top of the building behind you. Folks at K-Mark WILL get pissy about it.)

That’s just a few things that come to mind.

Make sure you are getting paid for what you are doing. Either flat fee, or a percentage of gross income.

PM me if you have questions. Like I said, I produce videos on the side, there’s LOTs of paperwork that people tend to leave for last. I will bite you and the producers in the azz if they don’t do their homework.

·
Registered
327 Posts
hondaf4iguy said:
Maybe that is just Virginia, but you cannot do 60mph through a parking lot with out getting a ticket. If you cut through a parking lot, the fine is $5 for every line you drove over and court cost.

I can think of a lot of tickets you can recieve in a parking lot.
Wow they are really out to make money in Virginia eh?? what a bunch of ridiculous fines.. You should go there the next day and spray paint all the lines on the floor..

·
Registered
937 Posts
Wow they are really out to make money in Virginia eh?? what a bunch of ridiculous fines.. You should go there the next day and spray paint all the lines on the floor..
A friend of mine got a parking ticket valued at 2.50... two dollars and fifty cents. :bitchslap:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys! and meddie i will call you when this is gonna happen!!! i want you to see the squidly side of me!!!!

my trademark move-sketching, its one thing my other friends cant do
and move i am also good at, is a nice rolling stoppie!!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PS- i am no longer a squid, i now ride a RR!!!
the only reason i am doing this, is becuz i can use an R6, and we are gonna do it legaly!

·
Registered
32 Posts
There was some discussion a while back on another board about a dude in the SF bay area who got a ticket in a parking garage (or something to that effect). If my crappy memory is getting anything of the story right, it turns out that if there is general public access to the private parking lot, all regular traffic rules apply. Of course this was in California, but that isnt' the point. The point is this... check with the local authorities. They aren't gonna bust you for asking. And you'll get an actual answer rather than a bunch of anecdotal stories from people who live in different states with different traffic laws.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts